Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
The Verve: Sonnet

You sir win the internet today.
You just posted one of my favorite groups ever!..Nick McCabe is a genius on guitar...too bad they were victims of the machine..

I remember the first song I heard by them, and was already deep into shoegaze...I heard Star Sail off Storm in Heaven and was BLOWN AWAY!

Jun 9, 2018
England
You sir win the internet today.
You just posted one of my favorite groups ever!..Nick McCabe is a genius on guitar...too bad they were victims of the machine..

I remember the first song I heard by them, and was already deep into shoegaze...I heard Star Sail off Storm in Heaven and was BLOWN AWAY!

Yeah The Verve are awesome! A lot of people (especially in the US) only know Bitter Sweet Symphony but they're so much more than that, Urban Hymns is an amazing album.

It's the same thing with Oasis, if you asked your average American they'd probably only know them because of Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger but they have a huge catalogue of classic songs. 2 of my favourite albums of the 1990's (or any decade really) were Definitely Maybe & What's The Story.

The Verve & Oasis were rightly massive in the UK. It always surprises me how some bands do well in the US like Bush (who I don't mind) but others who you'd think would be much bigger like Blur, Pulp and Suede aren't . Again most Americans probably only know Blur because of Song 2. I was reading the comments on YouTube for the Blur song Girls & Boys and it was surprising how many people didn't realise that Damon Albarn was in a massive (in the UK anyway) band before he was in Gorillaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.