PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
The first time I heard the phrase was in the 60’s from my 94 year old great-grandfather from Electra, TX.
Don’t stereotype
So, more to the point which you might understand.............
Whatever.
FGL still ain’t country.
Facts: Labeled as country, played on country stations, winning country awards and playing at country music award shows. They may not be your and your grandpas type of country but according to everything you can find about them, including listening, they are in fact country (cause they aren’t played on R&B stations).

Things change, whether we/you like them or not. I guess we could keep listening to scratched up records by Hank, sitting in front of a swamp cooler and all, complaining but you know, progress dagnabbit

It’s okay if they aren’t your cup of tea, I’m not a smooth jazz fan but it does exist, and it is under the Jazz umbrella.

Huh, I had you pegged as more a “get off my lawn” kinda guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmpeeps

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Facts: Labeled as country, played on country stations, winning country awards and playing at country music award shows. They may not be your and your grandpas type of country but according to everything you can find about them, including listening, they are in fact country (cause they aren’t played on R&B stations).

Things change, whether we/you like them or not. I guess we could keep listening to scratched up records by Hank, sitting in front of a swamp cooler and all, complaining but you know, progress dagnabbit

It’s okay if they aren’t your cup of tea, I’m not a smooth jazz fan but it does exist, and it is under the Jazz umbrella.

It's JULY........

• Wow
Reactions: gatorhazard

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX

Oh, we certainly have progress in Texas!

25EC1456-0649-4657-8134-904B8F993BEA.jpeg

Reactions: gatorhazard