PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I just learned of this regarding LFTS which apparently just occurred this year:

Jackson Browne's 'Late for the Sky' album added to Library of Congress National Recording Registry

Each year, 25 recordings are selected for inclusion in the National Recording Registry that are at least 10 years old and that are judged to be "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."

It was never clear how far or near
The gates to my citadel lay
They were cutting from stone some dreams of their own
But they listened to mine anyway

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say
It could be I've lost my way
Though I keep a watch over the distance
Heaven's no closer than it was yesterday

And the angels are older
They know not to wait up for the sun
They look over my shoulder
At the maps and the drawings of the journey I've begun

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
And this is a live performance of Farther On that JB just recently posted in honor of Al Schmitt who co-produced LFTS with Jackson and who just passed away in April.

This performance is dedicated to Al Schmitt, who recorded “Late For the Sky” with Jackson. Al was a legendary recording engineer who won the most Grammys, and worked with Steely Dan, Jefferson Airplane, Henry Mancini, and so many more, everyone really. He passed away in April 2021 at age 91.

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
Bless your heart.
I’ll be more direct since we all know what “Bless your heart” can mean given the context and just say: You’re a tool. If you are going to be insulting, own it, be a man about it and not hide behind a southern lady’s saying.

• Haha
Reactions: rmpeeps

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I’ll be more direct since we all know what “Bless your heart” can mean given the context and just say: You’re a tool. If you are going to be insulting, own it, be a man about it and not hide behind a southern lady’s saying.
The first time I heard the phrase was in the 60’s from my 94 year old great-grandfather from Electra, TX.
Don’t stereotype
So, more to the point which you might understand.............
Whatever.
FGL still ain’t country.

Reactions: beefeater33