PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We're listening to a lot of John Prine lately, remembering we saw him live locally a few years ago. I remember the young John so I was delighted to see he had evolved into a wonderful presence like a character out of Dickens. He grew up a few miles from me in Maywood Illinois, up Cumberland Avenue where I lived, also the location of the Brookfield Zoo and Maywood Park harness racing. He gets his country twang "honest" through his family origins in Kentucky. I like his song about old folks, the one about the afterlife, and "Dear Abby," and pretty much everything else he did. We saw him by me pushing my wife in a wheelchair after surgeries on her hip, and we damned near got mowed down in the dark, but it turns out it was worth it.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
We're listening to a lot of John Prine lately, remembering we saw him live locally a few years ago. I remember the young John so I was delighted to see he had evolved into a wonderful presence like a character out of Dickens. He grew up a few miles from me in Maywood Illinois, up Cumberland Avenue where I lived, also the location of the Brookfield Zoo and Maywood Park harness racing. He gets his country twang "honest" through his family origins in Kentucky. I like his song about old folks, the one about the afterlife, and "Dear Abby," and pretty much everything else he did. We saw him by me pushing my wife in a wheelchair after surgeries on her hip, and we damned near got mowed down in the dark, but it turns out it was worth it.
I love John Prine! My Dad got me hooked on him when I was a kid!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I was at this show back in 2003................ what a time!!.............. seems so long ago.
Now I live 3 miles from the place, and the amphitheater is defunct, in fact, they built a "Top-Golf" thing where it used to be..........
But, Emmylou......, I've said it many times, she ages in reverse, what a woman!.......

Status
Not open for further replies.