PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
You hear people say the younger generation doesn’t have the same talent as us geezers.

They have more talent, and far better instruments, than we did.

If they only had more Harlan Howards to write the songs, who knows what?

Reactions: STP, dino and Zero

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It didn't work because there has to be a space either side of the link address. I use the copy paste system all the time and it works just fine.
I see...I've never used that method. But in my browser You Tube is not listed as one of the "share" choices for some reason. It always works when I post it in the media link though.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I think I posted this before but what the hell, this one always fits any current mood.

We Europeans have a very special relation to the Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies. I still think that the German dub is the best. We made up an especially comedic dub. Anyway, those two guys surely left their mark on this whole continent. I keep them all on my little HDD.

36756.jpg

015641005.jpg

RIP Carlo Pedersoli, Bud Spencer (on the right).
We Germans were about to name a tunnel after him but it got rejected. Instead we named an open air swimming pool after him. I think it was a German town that he especially liked.

Bad Spencer - (bad = "bath" in German, spelled "Bah'd" - like the lammy that baaAaaAaah'd).

Reactions: Zero

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
40010000888072245242_1.jpg

Now playing the newly remastered in 2022 Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas (deluxe edition).

The sound quality is a huge improvement over any of the previous releases. The tape hiss is markedly reduced, there is much more low end and the instruments, especially the drums and bass, sound far more natural and clearly defined. It’s fair to say they’ve probably gotten everything out of the 1965 tapes that they could.

The extra tracks (alternate versions, out-takes and additional tracks) are interesting and are icing on the cake.

Well worth it. Only about $12 on Amazon.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
40010000888072245242_1.jpg

Now playing the newly remastered in 2022 Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas (deluxe edition).

The sound quality is a huge improvement over any of the previous releases. The tape hiss is markedly reduced, there is much more low end and the instruments, especially the drums and bass, sound far more natural and clearly defined. It’s fair to say they’ve probably gotten everything out of the 1965 tapes that they could.

The extra tracks (alternate versions, out-takes and additional tracks) are interesting and are icing on the cake.

Well worth it. Only about $12 on Amazon.
I have the 2006 version that I breakout around Thanksgiving, but you just sold me on upgrading.KIMG1475.JPG

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Various classical music on my local radio station (Phoenix) KBACH. I prefer my Xmas music to be in the classical genre. I will pull out my "Beecham 3" recording of Messiah from 1959 in a few days. This is a "big" version, not a historically accurate one in terms of authentic period instruments. Thrilling and very moving!