PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
The_Modern_Lovers_%28album%29.jpg

The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers (1976) on the turntable tonight.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Just something special about Bob, circa 1974-1975............... Sometimes I wonder if it was his best , then I hear something from'66............... Dylan can't be captured in a box, or on an ox, or with a fox............ Man, I love a good mystery........

Break out the headphones for this one............

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Just something special about Bob, circa 1974-1975............... Sometimes I wonder if it was his best , then I hear something from'66............... Dylan can't be captured in a box, or on an ox, or with a fox............ Man, I love a good mystery........
Perfectly said Beef. But yes, even out of all of his various incarnations, there's something uniquely special about the Rolling Thunder period.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Growing up, my mother and her brother were huge fans of Roy Acuff, and my Grandmother despised Roy Acuff claiming he was a horribly lecherous old thief that along with that damned old Fred Rose stole songs from simple but ignorant hill people.

Regardless, we could all start out with the tune to I’m Thinking Tonight of My Blue Eyes and sing for a half hour all the other ballads that used it.

The best one, was The Great Speckled Bird, whether Roy Acuff stole it or wrote it his own self.:)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
listening to some Gov’t Mule, thank you @Smudgermissingleg for teaching me how to post YouTube videos. I’m like 🙄 DUH…….https://youtu.be/ZOAXnlCMQVw
Looks like it still didn't work. Not sure exactly about the method Smudger was referring to, but if you click on the three vertical dots furthest to the right in the options area above this text window it will reveal more options....then click on the "media" symbol next to the emoji and a window will pop up to paste the video address in.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Looks like it still didn't work. Not sure exactly about the method Smudger was referring to, but if you click on the three vertical dots furthest to the right in the options area above this text window it will reveal more options....then click on the "media" symbol next to the emoji and a window will pop up to paste the video address in.
It didn't work because there has to be a space either side of the link address. I use the copy paste system all the time and it works just fine.