PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
I've been watching those unboxing videos on youtube about big metal box sets. Venom, Celtic Frost, Kreator, VoiVod. So I've been listening to a little of each of those after watching them. It's too bad they don't sell just the books alone in those things. Seems like a ton of work for a limited edition of anything. Squandered opportunity to sell something you already executed and can readily produce? They most often issue all the records outside the box set, so why not the books?

Reactions: Bengel

poettheologian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2020
Paragould, Arkansas, USA
I live 25 miles from Black Oak Arkansas, the small town the band grew up in and got its name from. Years ago, my sister dated a guy who lived next door to Jim Dandy, the lead singer. Jim Dandy swears up and down David Lee Roth got his chops on stage from him. The band kinda reflects the attitude of our area, laid back, take it easy rednecks, with a lot of southern pride. Songs are When Electricity Came to Arkansas & Dixie. Hope y’all enjoy!

Last edited:

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I live 25 miles from Black Oak Arkansas, the small town the band grew up in and got its name from. Years ago, my sister dated a guy who lived next door to Jim Dandy, the lead singer. Jim Dandy swears up and down David Lee Roth got his chops on stage from him. The band kinda reflects the attitude of our area, laid back, take it easy rednecks, with a lot of southern pride. Songs are When Electricity Came to Arkansas & Dixie. Hope y’all enjoy!
Jim Dandy is correct regarding David Lee Roth. The similarity is undeniable.

My band does a lot of Southern Rock covers; Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 Special, The Black Crowes, The Georgia Satellites, The Marshall Tucker Band, Tom Petty, etc. All good stuff.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
th_Qc5ASipd72Bnf2E8HrzkE0EH0twbAWJk.jpg

Now playing Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas, the 2022 remaster.​