Status
Not open for further replies.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I came to a high place of darkness and light
The dividing line ran through the center of town

They have a decent movie/docu on either Amazon Prime or Netflix I watched all about the Thunder Revue. Big money loser (the tour that is) but Bob insisted on doing it. I enjoyed it anyways.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
They have a decent movie/docu on either Amazon Prime or Netflix I watched all about the Thunder Revue. Big money loser (the tour that is) but Bob insisted on doing it. I enjoyed it anyways.

I assume you're referring to the Scorsese doc. Great film!

It didn't make money because he wanted to play small venues for that tour...the show was designed for that...which was a big part of why it was a success musically and artistically.

Reactions: cosgringo

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
I assume you're referring to the Scorsese doc. Great film!

It didn't make money because he wanted to play small venues for that tour...the show was designed for that...which was a big part of why it was a success musically and artistically.
Yup- Scorsese. Interesting to say the least. I believe he did the "Last Waltz" also.

Reactions: brian64

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Now that's what I'm talking about. Someone that knows. U have my full respect. I need to get that on Vinyl if possible. Did not know it existed.

Reactions: dino

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
"White Christmas" performed by Charlie Parker, alto, Kenny Dorham, trumpet, Al Haig, piano, Tommy Potter, bass, and Max Roach, drums. This was broadcast live from the Royal Roost, on Christmas, 1948.

Adding that to my take with me Xmas music at the cabin next week. Thanks u rock. I wish legit old school jazz came back. If you know know modern musicians cranking out real jazz even be-bop, please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.