PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I really enjoyed "The Coasters" in the 50's! Granted I was only nine-ten years old then but what the hey!!

5/5

"I plopped down in my easy chair and turned on channel 2
a bad gunslinger called salty sam was chasin' poor sweet sue
he trapped her in the old sawmill and said with an evil laugh,
"if you don't give me the deed to your ranch
i'll saw you all in half!"
and then he grabbed her (and then)
he tied her up (and then)
he turned on the bandsaw (and then, and then...!)

and then along came jones
tall thin jones
slow-walkin' jones
slow-talkin' jones
along came long, lean, lanky jones"

[IMG alt="The Coasters – Biography, Songs, Albums, Discography & Facts
"]https://top40weekly.com/wp-content/...aphy-Songs-Albums-Discography-Facts.jpg[/IMG]

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Dirt by Death in Vegas. Damn I love this LOUD. With subwoofer.

the original vid was truly psychotic, and sadly seems to be no longer available, but it is sampled in this remix:

Last edited:
Reactions: BCF and Speak Easy

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
When I turned 35 in 1993 I decided I needed to learn how to play a guitar so I went into a music shop, and bought the best Fender acoustic guitar they had, and it took me maybe three weeks to get to where I could chord it in three keys.

I called up my dear old widowed mother in Humansville and played and sang Fraulien for her over the speaker phone.

She said that was a wonderful effort, but the G chord strained my vocal range and it would sound better, doing it in D.

Also she said I needed to work on getting my time down right, and I’d know it when people started tapping their feet and getting up to dance.

But all in all Mama said I played the chords stronger and better than she ever could.

I said Mama, you taught me hundreds of old country songs, I’ve been singing them since I was five years old, and why, didn’t you teach me to play a guitar?

She said Daddy and I got you just about anything you ever wanted, and you never asked, or else we’d have gotten you lessons.

And we didn’t think it wise to encourage it, because as good as you sing, if you’d learned guitar early on, you might be a honky tonk singer in a beer joint instead of going on to college and law school, you know?

No need to argue with your mother, she’s always right about things like that.