You didn't want her hanging around
In the Kingdom of Fear

The fat's finally in the fire
In the Kingdom of Fear

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I dunno about the rest of you folks, but I am bored to tears with these doom and gloom types. Are things scary right now? You bet they are. Is there going to be a different world after this is over? We have no idea. Personally, I hope this will inspire us to build a more just world, and replace the values of the market place with some decent human values.
In 1941, with World War II raging in Europe, and the US not recovered from the Great Depression,Tommy Dorsey recorded this one, with Frank Sinatra on vocals, with an arrangement by Sy Oliver. It is, I think, my favorite Dorsey/Sinatra. I'll take this over doom and gloom any day. As the pastor of my church likes to remind us, "Energy follows attention".

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
You got that right...

Songs for the Apocalypse are running through my mind... seeing the TV with ambulances running to and fro with their sirens blaring. oil a hurry to get nowhere as there is no place left to run........deserted streets..the fear in the eyes of those cloaked in masks gloved hands trembling, and then those lost souls with the 1000 yard stare...it is all so surreal.

I have been a Marine and a Flight Paramedic...and this is something even my scarred mind cannot comprehend...awaiting a slow moving plague train coming directly at us.

One of my favorites for the time we find ourselves in...

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
You got that right...

Songs for the Apocalypse are running through my mind... seeing the TV with ambulances running to and fro with their sirens blaring. oil a hurry to get nowhere as there is no place left to run........deserted streets..the fear in the eyes of those cloaked in masks gloved hands trembling, and then those lost souls with the 1000 yard stare...it is all so surreal.

I have been a Marine and a Flight Paramedic...and this is something even my scarred mind cannot comprehend...awaiting a slow moving plague train coming directly at us.

One of my favorites for the time we find ourselves in...

I did just listen to it. Haunting and scary. Wow!

Reactions: BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
Another one.....

Walk me out in the mornin' dew my honey
Walk me out in the mornin' dew today
I can't walk you out in the mornin' dew my honey
I can't walk you out in the mornin' dew today

I thought I heard a baby cry this mornin'
I thought I heard a baby cry today
You didn't hear no baby cry this mornin'
You didn't hear no baby cry today

Where have all the people gone my honey?
Where have all the people gone today?
Well there's no need for you to be worryin' about all those people
You never see those people anyway

I thought I heard a young man moan this mornin'
I thought I heard a young man moan today
I thought I heard a young man moan this mornin'
I can't walk you out in the morning dew today

Walk me out in the mornin' dew my honey
Walk me out in the mornin' dew today
I'll walk you out in the mornin' dew my honey
I guess it doesn't matter anyway
Well I guess it doesn't matter anyway, no no
I guess it doesn't matter anyway

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
I have been a little bit more introspective these past few days...

Got to thinking about a long forgotten song from the old band The God Machine (imagine thinking the 90's were the old days) ....where in the first part is a spoken quote from the Paul Bowles novel Sheltering Sky.

If your not a fan of prog-rock-alternative heavy music, well it is almost theatrical in some areas, it's a rollercoaster.....but ya might wanna pass on it, but if you are willing to give it a chance it is very moving.

This is just one song....

It is pure genius at some points....unfortunately one of the members had a brain aneurism on Japan I believe while on tour and died, so that was that...but the album is an incredible journey...

Had a bowl of Rivendell in the ol' 320 and some rooibos tea watching the sunset hearing it....

“Are you lost?
Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well.
Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really.
How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it?
Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that.
How many more times will you watch the full moon rise?
Perhaps 20.
And yet it all seems limitless.”

Sunday Velvet indeed....

Status
Not open for further replies.