PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I already consumed a bottle of these. Gift from my wife's family who live in Canada. I don't understand of whiskey. It has a fruity coconut flavor touch. Can someone tell me what quality this liquor has? For my taste from one to 10, it would be a 5........Thanks guys...........IMG_3218[1779].jpg

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I already consumed a bottle of these. Gift from my wife's family who live in Canada. I don't understand of whiskey. It has a fruity coconut flavor touch. Can someone tell me what quality this liquor has? For my taste from one to 10, it would be a 5........Thanks guys...........View attachment 96562
I’m not a fan of Crown Royal served neat. It has a cloying sweetness and overall thin body, to my taste. I suppose it makes a decent cocktail. You hear the word smooth associated with this spirit. Well, smooth = no character. I do keep a bottle on hand for guests who know nothing about whiskey but know the name Crown Royal.

Sorry. Not trying to flame any Crown enthusiasts. It’s just not my (purple) bag.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I’m not a fan of Crown Royal served neat. It has a cloying sweetness and overall thin body, to my taste. I suppose it makes a decent cocktail. You hear the word smooth associated with this spirit. Well, smooth = no character. I do keep a bottle on hand for guests who know nothing about whiskey but know the name Crown Royal.

Sorry. Not trying to flame any Crown enthusiasts. It’s just not my (purple) bag.
then I'll save it for visits................?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I already consumed a bottle of these. Gift from my wife's family who live in Canada. I don't understand of whiskey. It has a fruity coconut flavor touch. Can someone tell me what quality this liquor has? For my taste from one to 10, it would be a 5........Thanks guys...........View attachment 96562
yeah not a fan of that stuff myself. It tastes too sweet and a specific weird sweet I don't associate with whiskey normally.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I totally agree with you. I can't find the real taste of whiskey............thanks dear friend anotherbob.............

I'll put it this way I loved that stuff when I was (check notes) 15 and I snuck a sip out of my parents liquor cabinet. Then by the next time I tried it I found something artificial and weird about it.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
I never have my phone or computer around during drinking/evening time. So a recap:

Monday: Beefeater Martinis.
Tuesday: Opened up the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. I actually think I enjoy regular Woodford better. The Double Oaked was maybe too smooth?
Wednesday: Back to Beefeater Martinis.
Thursday: Opened up the Paddy's -- which I simply can't praise enough. It is what an Irish whiskey should be.

I suspect we'll get into the Cask Strength Red Breast this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.