PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
A litre bottle of rum....not the lot just a large measure or three.

20211006-204323.jpg

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Baseline was right down the middle bourbon. Then I was getting coffee and a cherry finish. It was enjoyable. I liked it quite a bit, having said that I'm not sure it was worth the price.
With the prices being charged on these limited releases, we really are taking a gamble with our purchases. Usually, the juice in the bottle doesn’t justify the price. I believe the FOMO in bourbon to be the same as tobacco. We buy it in hopes of finding a jewel and half the time come away disappointed. I can’t imagine paying the secondary prices these bottles command.

Thanks for the review. I may use mine as trade bait now, but more than likely, will open it up the next time we gather for a tasting. That’s the fun part, anyway.

Reactions: johnnyreb

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Today's pickup at Hi-Time in Costa Mesa (there also were some staples and a gin and mescal just for fun). Might get into one of these tonight. I enjoyed the Mad River rye I bought last time, so thought "why not" about the rum (on a big sale).

IMG_2259.jpeg

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
View attachment 103125
I was wondering when you were going to show up. Starting to get a little self conscious.?

I’m winding down my Saturday evening with Rare Breed bourbon. Have a good evening all. Cheers!
It's always a matter of can I get a post up in the evening. :)

We moved on from the rum to a martini with what turned out to be a really terrific London Dry, more piney even needley than Beefeater or Tanqueray (it is too far for me to go look at!). The rum was fine, VERY sweet, but the first one was sufficient.

Will be bourbons all next week as we head to the Grand Canyon for a quick vacation.

• Love
Reactions: Tar Wheel
Status
Not open for further replies.