PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
D429D12A-9BA6-40A6-ADFA-4839BA86264B.jpeg
Received a call today from a friend that works at a local ABC store. He said that he thought I might be interested in something that came in today, but wouldn’t tell me what it was. He held a Michter’s 10 year Single Barrel Rye for me. I could have kissed him. He said he just wanted to see my face when he brought it out. It was one big grin. I’ve been looking for one at retail for years. Made my day!
They also received a couple cases of Blanton’s, so I picked up one of those as well. Great start to the weekend! Cheers!

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
View attachment 100385
Received a call today from a friend that works at a local ABC store. He said that he thought I might be interested in something that came in today, but wouldn’t tell me what it was. He held a Michter’s 10 year Single Barrel Rye for me. I could have kissed him. He said he just wanted to see my face when he brought it out. It was one big grin. I’ve been looking for one at retail for years. Made my day!
They also received a couple cases of Blanton’s, so I picked up one of those as well. Great start to the weekend! Cheers!
If you could put your address with your avatar, I’d be much obliged. ??

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
It's been far too long since my last sip of Rye Whiskey, going to change that.

T'was a bottle of Jim Beam Rye many years ago, sipped straight from the bottle, all gone in about 2 hours - Kept it down though.

Now sipping another glass of Ron Zacapa 23 Gran Solera, sweet stuff which to my tastebuds tastes more like a cognac, but I'm more used to Australian rum of late.
(Very new to the rum game tbh).

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
View attachment 100385
Enjoy the Michters! I have a bottle I was given as a gift and it is really top shelf stuff. Michters is readily available around here but unfortunately Blantons is sort of unobtainium - unless you are willing to pay crazy secondary market prices.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
View attachment 101536
I’m kicking off the weekend with a glass of Blanton’s, paired with a cob full of Wessex Campaign Dark Flake. Cheers!
I know I can count on you for inspiration heading into the weekend.

I spent a BUNCH of time in banks today (not robbing them), and made progress on what I needed to get accomplished, so it'll be Beefeater martinis tonight to celebrate some good work done. (For those keeping track: Yes, it probably would have been martinis anyway.)

I did finish off the Vermont rye I purchased last month last night. And it had a new, and interesting nose to it (that I hadn't noticed in any of the previous glasses): Yeast. Like the smell from large breweries or even bakeries. Very nice, actually.

Enjoy the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.