PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
It's fantastic, maybe even better than the ones from Belgium. Definitely better for the price.

Drinking a 2018 Bell's Expedition Stout. Like drinking a brownie.

View attachment 183220
If you want to try another benchmark from Quebec - but in the stout category - I highly recommend Peche Mortel (keeping the accents out the name in respect to the rules,) - a 9.5% Imperial Stout with Espresso. A 98 World Class rating on BeerAdvocate. On tap - even better!

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
My Friday night consisted of a couple pours of Blanton’s.

Tonight, I’m having a pour of Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof, and I’m sure a second will be in order after watching my Heels choke at home to Ga. Tech.

Cheers!

View attachment 182333

View attachment 182334
Fantastic arsenal. I think we have the same tastes, my friend Tar Wheel.hyena-animal.gif

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
20221126_221154.jpg

Belgian beer that I bought purely for the alcohol content (8%) , also had a bottle of the blue label that I preferred more, this one was just too bitter on the after taste for me.

Don't think I'll have either again anytime soon, both where about $9 AUD each, more or less a once off.

But you only live once and I've been keen to try a Belgian beer.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Fantastic arsenal. I think we have the same tastes, my friend Tar Wheel.View attachment 183432

Thank you, John!

I agree that we share similar tastes, and I would absolutely love to sit down and have a drink ( or three ) with you. I can imagine an afternoon filled with good smokes, great whiskey, and continuous laughter. Even though my Spanish is severely limited, I know that the whiskey and your robust personality will help overcome anything lost in translation.

One day, my friend, one day!

Cheers!

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Thank you, John!

I agree that we share similar tastes, and I would absolutely love to sit down and have a drink ( or three ) with you. I can imagine an afternoon filled with good smokes, great whiskey, and continuous laughter. Even though my Spanish is severely limited, I know that the whiskey and your robust personality will help overcome anything lost in translation.

One day, my friend, one day!

Cheers!
I would love the idea. I don't understand English, you don't understand Spanish, but whiskey has no borders. It would be a wonderful evening, drinking, with a good blueberry pie. I think with a few glasses of whiskey, we wouldn't need a translator. We might end up roasting bacon on the barbecue at three in the morning. It would be a dialogue similar to this, typical Spanish.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I would love the idea. I don't understand English, you don't understand Spanish, but whiskey has no borders. It would be a wonderful evening, drinking, with a good blueberry pie. I think with a few glasses of whiskey, we wouldn't need a translator. We might end up roasting bacon on the barbecue at three in the morning. It would be a dialogue similar to this, typical Spanish.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Yes!! That is exactly what I mean!

And good call on the blueberry pie and bacon, l love both!

Cheers!