Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
20220623-205302.jpg

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
You guys quit drinking?!?

I’m having a pour of Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend and celebrating my Tar Heels winning the ACC Coastal Division. Cracked this bottle open 2 weeks ago upon the birth of my first grandchild. Seemed appropriate.

It‘s been a while since I’ve posted. Life became overwhelming for a while, and it‘s good to be back.

Cheers!

View attachment 181154
What makes this cigar “blend”? I assume it’s bold enough to stand up to a cigar, maybe a tad higher in proof? How do you rate it? Would you buy it again given all the other stuff you have in your collection?

A wonderful stout from Loch Lomond Brewery.
View attachment 179716
What constitutes a “tablet” stout? I’ve only ever had maybe 3 examples of Scottish stouts - I wish more were available- none were tablet stouts.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Next one will be neat, too many rocks in this one 😅

Gonna have to explore more Jamaican rums, especially Appleton stuff - this is more my style.

Sorry Bundaberg 😇

View attachment 181525
All Appleton’s is good, even the younger cheaper one. An inexpensive, over-proof, white Jamaican rum with mad rum funk that I always espouse is Wray & Nephew, if you need a suggestion

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
All Appleton’s is good, even the younger cheaper one. An inexpensive, over-proof, white Jamaican rum with mad rum funk that I always espouse is Wray & Nephew, if you need a suggestion
Thank you! Definitely open to suggestions as I am just beginning to explore rums. As much as I can with the limited selection I have in my part of Australia. I've read on rumratings that some people prefer the 8yr old Appleton to the 12yr (touching on your opening comment).