PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Yeah winning the gold medal for best cream ale is not exactly a "we've finally made it" moment, haha. One of the least entered and least revered style categories in beer comps. Certainly doesn't mean they aren't a good brewery though!
True enough. Strangely their website doesn't mention that Indica got a Gold Medal in the English IPA category last year; overall winner was another Brazilian beer 'Votus 001' - I think I've seen that on the shelves somewhere local; I'll have to give it a try.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
True enough. Strangely their website doesn't mention that Indica got a Gold Medal in the English IPA category last year; overall winner was another Brazilian beer 'Votus 001' - I think I've seen that on the shelves somewhere local; I'll have to give it a try.
English IPA, while still not exactly the holy grail of beer awards, is certainly a much more prominent achievement! I would certainly be wanting to display that over my cream ale award, haha.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Reagan’s orange bitters 2-3 dashes
WT101 2.5 oz
Carpano Antica sweet vermouth .5 oz
....so good another may be on the horizon;)
If I'm making it myself I'm going Old Fashioned (A real one that is).

Two shakes Angostura Bitters into a TBSP of simple syrup. Muddle an orange peel with that in the bottom of the glass, then 2oz of straight rye whiskey. Add one ice cube and stir. Drink and repeat!

May have to make that happen when I get home from the office. Getting Pig Drunk at work is frowned upon for a CEO, as it turns out :mad:

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
If I'm making it myself I'm going Old Fashioned (A real one that is).

Two shakes Angostura Bitters into a TBSP of simple syrup. Muddle an orange peel with that in the bottom of the glass, then 2oz of straight rye whiskey. Add one ice cube and stir. Drink and repeat!

May have to make that happen when I get home from the office. Getting Pig Drunk at work is frowned upon for a CEO, as it turns out :mad:
If you like Port you need to try this Manhattan recipe, very spirit forward. Rings all the right bells and an ice cold sledge hammer to boot :)
and it is even better with WT 101 Rye

Status
Not open for further replies.