PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
@Tar Wheel,
Where are you finding all of this awesome bourbon!? You must have a connection somewhere...
It’s all about establishing relationships. I go to the ABC stores during the slow hours. Most of the employees are just leaning against a counter, bored out of their minds. I go in there and shoot the shit with them and learn their names, find out who has kids or grandkids, hear what their husbands / wives have done to annoy them this week, etc. Next thing you know, you have a friend on the “inside”.

This is not something that happens overnight. It takes time to build a relationship, but once it’s established, it pays dividends.
Half the time they call me and tell me they’re holding something for me. It’s a beautiful thing.

I’m proud to say that I’ve never paid above retail for any bottle I’ve ever purchased and every bottle has come from stores in the Triad.

Oh yeah, a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts goes a long way in putting smiles on their faces. ?

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
It’s all about establishing relationships. I go to the ABC stores during the slow hours. Most of the employees are just leaning against a counter, bored out of their minds. I go in there and shoot the shit with them and learn their names, find out who has kids or grandkids, hear what their husbands / wives have done to annoy them this week, etc. Next thing you know, you have a friend on the “inside”.

This is not something that happens overnight. It takes time to build a relationship, but once it’s established, it pays dividends.
Half the time they call me and tell me they’re holding something for me. It’s a beautiful thing.

I’m proud to say that I’ve never paid above retail for any bottle I’ve ever purchased and every bottle has come from stores in the Triad.

Oh yeah, a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts goes a long way in putting smiles on their faces. ?
Very nice! Well done!
I'm working on that, but as you said it takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.