PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
in recent years, have only drank red wine in the evening after years of occasional scotch whisky. Recently returned to occasional whiskey but have converted to Irish. So, it was jameson night, (drink it once weekly now with red wine drunk the rest of the nights during the week).

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Wow, what an evening of cocktails at a friends for dinner. Wives drank a great Chardonnay. My friend made his own version of old fashions. Rogue Bourbon ( which I heard sucked when opened, but sat for a month or so then was really good. Sounds like many a tobacco tin...). Home made syrup with mint and tangerine in it, with a dash of bitters! A few of those. Then a pour of Penhook small batch. 116 proof seems crazy, but the aroma and finish are really amazing.

Fun night with dear friends and great bourbon. It’s the simple pleasures I am grateful for. That and a 17 year old son as designated driver!

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
It’s “new bottle day” here in the Ireland household. I’ve been on a scotch kick these last few weeks, as tends to be the case when it’s cold and wet for months.

Switching it up with some 1792 Single Barrel. This stuff is excellent for the price, especially if you like candied/caramel/butterscotch notes.

Pairing with some 2012(?) Solani 633 in a handy little straight grain Former bent Billiard ?

289B50FD-D646-4433-89F6-87490DB1C8C4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.