Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Seagram's Blenders Americano.....no idea what it is but it tastes lovely. 👍

20230223-213441.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I stumbled upon a bottle of Bulleit Rye yesterday that I never knew I had. It was bought from Amazon back in 2020 and cost me £27. Today that price is £33.

Had me a large tumbler last night and it was oh so nice....not quite Rittenhouse Rye nice but not too far off :).

View attachment 204344

Regards,

Jay.
I'm interested to see what you think this rye. I've had Rittenhouse a couple of times and quite liked it, and I like both regular Bulleit and Bulleit 10 yo. but haven't tried their rye yet. I always thought that their regular bourbon was a bit rye forward which is why I liked to begin with. What are your thoughts?

F

fMf Piper

Kirkland Signature Tennessee Whiskey and Kirlkand Signature Spiced Rum. Both value blends that challenge the best name brands at warehouse prices. I also enjoy glasses of the wife's country wines as well, which may actually be my favorite smoking drink!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm interested to see what you think this rye. I've had Rittenhouse a couple of times and quite liked it, and I like both regular Bulleit and Bulleit 10 yo. but haven't tried their rye yet. I always thought that their regular bourbon was a bit rye forward which is why I liked to begin with. What are your thoughts?
In my humble opinion, it is a typical rye inasmuch there is a little spicy tang with an underlying (and not at all unpleasant) but very definite taste of liquorice which I find in most rye whiskies.

It is a little sweeter than most other ryes I have tried too but I'm quite happy with that.

I've had (and really like) regular Bulleit whiskey but never had their 10y/o version....yet!

Regards,

Jay.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
@TheIronMonkey

The frog was. It’s an infusion counter. It changes colors at a certain temperature and I guess that’s handy if you’re not using a digital kettle. I am, so the novelty is lost on me, but it’s nice to keep track of how many infusions I’ve had throughout a session. It has 5 holes and you just move it each time and restart at 6, 11, etc.

The pig is just a standard tea pet that was a gift from a buddy in Hong Kong. I’m not typically into stuff like that, but for as long as I can remember, my dad has said about me, “He could fall into pig shit and come out with pockets full of gold.” I got the pet as a gift and it was too perfect, so I share the tea with him. It’s supposed to be real yixing, but let’s be honest - he lives in Hong Kong so it could be Play-Doh.

FDA82092-F276-4887-B846-C9A6CB0072AC.jpeg

E4E64387-7653-4628-BBFA-9C6B5B9612CB.jpeg

JackCrouly

Lurker
Apr 13, 2023
I like Laphroaig Quarter Cask peat whiskey. I don't drink much alcohol other than it. I can drink wine sometimes.