PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Tomorrow is Friday and we all know T.G.I.F. but today is still Thursday so: Sure Happy It's Thursday, or S.H.I.T. Since it's a S.H.I.T. day I felt something a bit stronger was called for:

View attachment 18467
I really like the Willet products. That old pot still reserve bourbon they made in the still shaped bottle was good stuff, too. If you like Rye, have you tried Lot 40 or High West Midwinter Night’s Dram?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I love my sons but, bless their hearts, they've brought home one cold/flu after the other this winter. Good thing I've my favorite beer for when I'm feeling just a bit under the weather. Kloster Andechs Doppelbock Dunkel. Probably I'll have some Austrian Meisterwurz Schnaps as well.
1581107899613.png

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I really like the Willet products. That old pot still reserve bourbon they made in the still shaped bottle was good stuff, too. If you like Rye, have you tried Lot 40 or High West Midwinter Night’s Dram?

I've not had either but will keep an eye out for them. I have bottles of Pikesville and Angels Envy ryes but don't like them as much as the Willet. I also really like the Whistle Pig 10 year. I'd love to try the Whistle Pig Boss hog but it's too pricey and I'm thinking it's probably not worth the price.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
bbLfyxE.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I've not had either but will keep an eye out for them. I have bottles of Pikesville and Angels Envy ryes but don't like them as much as the Willet. I also really like the Whistle Pig 10 year. I'd love to try the Whistle Pig Boss hog but it's too pricey and I'm thinking it's probably not worth the price.
If you like whistlepig 10 the high west should tickle your fancy. Lot 40 is great too, but is 100% rye so its spicy. I had the boss hog at The Whisky Bar in Seattle (if you’re ever in Seattle don’t miss it, huge selection). It was very good but I would not pay that much for a bottle of it. The Old World is great too and much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.