PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Tonight, Flaviar Advent Calendar 2022, “The Depths of Whiskey.” Vial 2 in two Wee Glencairn glasses (the coaster, which I didn’t post last night is under the vial). Apple, caramel, cotton candy on the nose. Something perfumey. Cherry forward, sweet. On the initial sip, I’m getting some astringency with this one, seems like cask, Susan disagrees, but, she swirled more, and likes it better than last night’s.

IMG_20221203_004327.jpg

IMG_20221203_004723.jpg

Last night, in vial 1 was Fistful of Bourbon, 90 proof.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Third night of my Christmas present from Susan—2022 Flaviar Advent Calendar, “The Depths of Whiskey.” This third vial has caramel on the nose, with a hint of pear and vanilla. The first taste comes across as a light, tingly, mint. Not as minty as some ryes, but, it masks everything else.

IMG_20221204_013824.jpg

Tonight’s UFC card was a lot of fun. Nine out of the fourteen fights were finishes. Wonderboy looked terrific tonight.

Vial 2 from last night was Ron Colón Salvadoreño, a rye, 100 proof.

Will post what vial 3 was tomorrow.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Third night of my Christmas present from Susan—2022 Flaviar Advent Calendar, “The Depths of Whiskey.” This third vial has caramel on the nose, with a hint of pear and vanilla. The first taste comes across as a light, tingly, mint. Not as minty as some ryes, but, it masks everything else.

View attachment 185083

Tonight’s UFC card was a lot of fun. Nine out of the fourteen fights were finishes. Wonderboy looked terrific tonight.

Vial 2 from last night was Ron Colón Salvadoreño, a rye, 100 proof.

Will post what vial 3 was tomorrow.
Hey, Theiron, blessed Christmas, friend. Congratulations. That looks great.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Last night, at dinner, my wife and I were trying another beer, which I think I've tried before, but I don't remember having tried it, I may have tried it a thousand times, but now I don't remember having tried it a thousand times, the fact is that it was very tasty. Damn, I think I've already tasted this beer once. The thing is, I think I've seen it in the fridge sometime. A beer SPATEN. IMG_5225[5824].jpg

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I tipple a dram of Scotch once a week, (cabernet sauv. the other 6 nights of the week). Tonight was Scotch night. Financially, can only hack blended and had my recently discovered, current favorite, Grants Triple Wood, tonight. It's a light, smooth blend with just a touch of peat, but tasty.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Wild Turkey 101 is on special offer at my local Asda (£21 down from £26) so just had 2 bottles delivered with my groceries. Even Amazon, my usual supplier of spirits couldn't beat that price.

But there was a bonus...each bottle had around its neck a leather key fob with their logo on one side and "Trust Your Spirit" on the other!

101.jpg

Roll on 10pm tonight when I break open a bottle :col:.

Regards,

Jay.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I konked out early for the fourth night of my Christmas present from Susan—2022 Flaviar Advent Calendar, “The Depths of Whiskey,” so we had to make up two tonight.

Vial 4 had mint on the nose, with caramel behind it. Good legs in the glass. Buttery, a little minty. Swishing it in the mouth, some rose/floral notes. Susan detects clove on the finish. No caramel on taste. There’s sweetness, some cotton candy on the nose detected late.

IMG_20221206_001920.jpg

Tonight (the fifth night), the nose on vial 5 is faint. Susan detects oak on the nose. Diluted cherry on the first sip and not much else after.

IMG_20221206_010007.jpg

Vial 3 was Chapter 7 Prologue Batch #2 Blended Malt Scotch, 94 proof.

Vial 4 was Kamet Single Malt Whisky, 92 proof.

The descriptors that have been listed by Flaviar for some of these pours outnumber the ones we’re getting. They seem less complex than they’re made out to be—perhaps, because these pours are so small, there’s no chance for things to develop and open up.

I’ll look up vial 5 tomorrow.