PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Been doing a couple of jobs for the missus in 31c heat. Time for a beer or fourteen. ;-)

20211221-155645.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With my Big'n'Burley in a Perry freehand pocket pipe in cocobolo, I am slurping the dregs of a Coca-Cola in a paper cup I bought with a take-out lunch. My wife is a Coke loyalist, so I always go to a separate place to get her Coke instead of Pepsi. We don't keep colas at home, but do them as a guilty pleasure with take-out. They are a fine upper for a drowsy afternoon.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
So this one is a bit embarrassing but it turned out so good I’ll share. My wife and I were prepping figgy pudding last night (it is about halfway through its steam now) and we had half an orange left so I wondered what I could do with it.

Maple bourbon smash. Went light on the maple syrup and it was a very festive change of pace. Will probably have another or two tonight before Prosecco with a sweet baked salmon meal.

merry Christmas all!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
To start with this evening: Grifone, an organic white table wine available at Trader Joe's for less than $5 per bottle. Moved on to another organic TJs find, Green Fin, this one a red. Paired perfectly with our Xmas eve dinner of roasted rosemary lemon chicken w/potatoes & carrots. If it weren't 29 degrees outside, I'd probably finish the night off with a bowl of John Bull Royal English. C'est la vie.

Merry Christmas everyone, for the umpteenth time! ?

(and Shabbat Shalom!)

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Growing up, I considered coffee an adult drink and enjoyed it black or as a cappuccino (and still do).

Then beer and liquor were considered adult drinks and I infused my own alcohol while enjoying craft beer and got into bourbons.

As I get older (and I'm just pushing 40), I'm realizing that water is the adult beverage. I still imbibe and enjoy it, but water makes me feel healthier when drinking it.

Then again, I run on nicotine and caffeine (and sometimes hatred ... just kidding, well, maybe) so water tends to replenish what I abuse throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.