PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
There was something in the air today that made me smoke my first English ‘baccy since winter ended. So I was thinking, what is your favorite English blend currently in production?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Seattle Pip Club Plum Pudding Special Reserve.
Penzance is a close second. If not actuallly first, but your aforementioned limited production and the price move it into second for me.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I'm thinking Peterson Old Dublin (which never seenms to in stock) edges out C&D Sea Dog for me.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Same here crawdad. Broke out a tin of Dunhill Durbar tonight. A nice crisp, breezy weekend is making it feel like fall is right around the corner. Was ready for something dark n smoky. A nice change of pace from all of my va/vaper flakes/mixtures.
Probably GLP Gasight is my favorite right now. It has such a potent and unique aroma/flavor.
I used to be "all Nightcap all the time". It was the only thing I smoked.
I also like Westminster, Odyssey, Quiet Nights and all of the Dunhill mixtures. Some are considered Balkans. But, I put those in the same family.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
S&G Squadron Leader.
Have my first tin of Squadron Leader coming in the mail, along with Rattray's Red Rapparee, Kind of ashamed I'd never tried it until now, but I think I figured they were too light in Latakia for me when I preferred Lat bombs. Now they sound like the right measure.

creole

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2019
I have too many favorites to settle on one but Nat Sherman 536 is a fine blend that I don’t hear much about - good for veteran smokers and those just starting to explore English style tobaccos.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Nightcap, C&D Bayou Night, PS English Luxury, C&D Tuggle Hall, among many. For maybe the most refined, if quite mild, English, I like Nat Sherman 536, available in tins or at the Manhattan store in bulk.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
I'm not sure I know exactly what "English" means, but SPC Plum Pudding, Maltese Falcon, GL Pease Quiet Nights, Bengal Slices and PS Eng. Oriental Supreme come to mind.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
SG Squadron Leader.

I understand this refers to the currently in production blends, just to say I have a stack of McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian which will be enough for rest of my life and which I consider the best IMO. But not being in production anymore it can't make the list.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My favorite seems to change a lot. I like most of the English blends I've tried.
Currently enjoying some Bengal Slices.
jay-roger.jpg

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Easy. Wilke's 'HIGH HAT"........been around since 1870s. Smoke it, and you'll know why. Top-notch stuff for both smokers and sniffers. Fragrance is heaven, with very little trace of that horrible, nose-curling, burnt-leather stench of Latakia. Not too strong either.

Status
Not open for further replies.