PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
So yes, this is currently available to purchase on EBay. I'm not sure which is more disturbing, the thought that the seller was clueless when he/she chose a can of creme soup to use as a size reference, or that this person knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they used a can of creme soup as a size reference.

OhMy8 PM.pngOhMy6 PM.pngOhMy1 PM.png

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Didn't know what to expect when i clicked on this thread. I wouldn't have guessed it if you gave me a thousand tries. I wonder what the occasion was for somebody to commission a pipe like that? And for it to have colored someone was doing more than just "polishing the pipe"

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

jonasclark

Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
I've seen this specific subject, with the hand, several times. This is the best-carved of the lot, but it's still an absolutely bizarre subject. Just as Ben Rapaport notes in his book regarding antique meerschaums, in my experience most Turkish meerschaums with X-rated themes are not well-carved.

• Wow
Reactions: BROBS

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Buy it! You could be the only pipe smoker in the world who can claim they use their knob to shield from the wind while lighting up....
I find it kind of amusing just how much that has been smoked, this was so much more than a mantelpiece joke, can we get an average bowl count for that kind of colouring @weezell

• Haha
Reactions: Tommy Boy and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.