Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
One thing to know about using PayPal "gift" option, if there is a dispute over an item there are no refunds/protection given by paypal. Basically it's like sending cash to the seller and you are on your own. I thought I would bring it up as it was mentioned here.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Personally I would use Tracking and delivery conformation. Not that I wouldnt trust any of you guys as stated the mail is unrelible atleast with tracking you can tell the last place its been and gives the usps a place to start looking.

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
I am not going to get into it other than to say that I have SEVERAL PM's from Tokerpipes

and those PM's give me Numerous Excuses as to Why I wasn't getting paid by him.

I live 3 hours from Charlotte so meeting him there was not an option. I told him that.

When you tell someone that you are going to buy an Item from them...You should be prepared to

pay for it at that time....Not weeks down the road.

First Tokerpipes said..."Can you hold the pipes for me a week". I'm from the old school that if you don't

have the money, you don't go shopping! I had MANY other offers to buy those pipes....But I did him a favor and held them anyways. Why I don't know!!

Next it was...."They messed up my paycheck and I'm short on money, It's gonna be a few more days".

Next it was..."My wife found my PAD money and took it for a trip"

Next it was....Can I send you a Personal check"

Next it was...."The money order must be lost"

Next it was..."I'll send it out to you western union". That still hasn't happened Yet.

Then I got a message from him this morning saying he didn't have the money to send out to me

and He had to ask his wife for it.

Now seriously....Do I need to go through all this to get paid for some pipes?

I even sent the Guy some free tobacco before he ever bought my pipes!

I'm not the only person he has tied up on here right now with not paying for his purchase.
I can start posting his PM's on here, but I don't think I need to go that far.

As for the USPS....In all my years of shipping things around the country...I can only

remember a couple of times that something got "Lost".

I might believe this from Tokerpipes If he hadn't give me the Run around so much to begin with...

But this is just a clear case of the Guy Bought something on here he couldn't afford to buy and

now he can't pay for it and he's stuck! Like I said...He owes another member on here right now for

a pipe he offered to buy from him....and he Told this member he would buy that pipe when he still

hadn't paid me yet for mine. I spoke to this other member in private and he said he has still not been paid yet either.

I'm not some hard ass that want's to be a jerk....and I've been sending out free stuff on here

to other members since I came here! I simply want to be paid for what I sold. Nothing else.

I just don't see what the problem is.

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
@Uberam3rica....
I disagree about our postal service being "Shitty". I send and receive large amounts of mail

and have been in business for years with only a couple of problems in my life with them.

I place orders online for pipes, tobacco, clothes, books, all kinds of stuff and with tracking

and delivery conformation I never have a problem getting my orders.

Also...I am from the same town As tokerpipes and I send mail back and forth from that area all

the time. I know it takes 2 days for things to get from here to there.

This has been going on 9 days with him!

If it was delayed....It would still be here in 9 days!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Smokesalot, I do agree with you to an extent. At the same time, I had a package disappear for nearly four months once, then suddenly get delivered.

I'm not really picking a side in this because either one of you could be right. But I wouldnt call anyone a thief until its proven.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
Yeah, I have been in the intertronz message board game for a long time. Sending things, getting things, buying/selling etc etc etc. And while I am a n00b here, I will chime in regardless.
First, the USPS is just fine. I ship things for work weekly and I have had maybe one problem in 12 years shipping packages to my co. (Louisville > Columbus OH, sometimes in one day w/ no extra charges). I'm sure others have had more problems but IME they are few and far between.
Second, that seems like an awful lot of excuses which I am sure can be backed up if sirsmokes wants to post the PM's. In my experience, multiple running around excuses = a big pile of BS. The USPS excuse combined with the others just all-around STINKS.
Third, I too would be ticked if I saw a member that owed me money asking to buy pipes from others while I still had not been paid. That's ridiculous. Especially when sirsmokes has sent him freebies in the past.
As far as waiting and giving him more time...? Don't know. Seems sirsmokes has been pretty patient. The amount of excuses on top of the USPS is probably what caused him to start this thread.
"Thief" is definitely a little strong, but it seems sirsmokes is angry and sick of it.
I guess the lesson is; don't buy if you can't pay. Period. And don't sell if they can't buy right away. It's not worth it.
Also, the PayPal rec is a great one. PayPal is boobies.

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
Well now, there is a problem $3000.00 check from my son to help pay taxes returned. Over the

this last weekend. No postal service on Monday. Got it Tuesday.

Soooo shut this thread down cause there is something fishy here.
No one is maning up and who knows whats being said in the back ground

So I will get another beer and say " One for My mouse Too "

Joe12beers

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Look, I've had trouble with a member on here before but it never EVER reached the public forum. The mods handled the immediate issue (someone got a hold of my personal email) and now I just avoid that person. I don't post in threads he's in and he stays away from me too. It's a live and learn situation.
So, you lost a couple of pipes. BFD. Shrug your shoulders, pack a bowl, and just don't choose to do business together any longer. There's NO REASON to air your dirty laundry in a public place. Just like you wouldn't walk up to an ex in Home Depot and slug them in the head no matter what happened between the two of you in private.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I want it to be understood i didnt ask him to send the pipes...he informed me the pipes were sent 3 day delivery before I even had gotten paid. Any sales man will tell you to never send the merchandise till payment is recieved. He sent the pipes on his own.
This forum allows members to Buy/Sell/Trade with each other. I would like to say that when a member does so, they are doing it at their own risk. PipesMagazine.com is not held responsible for any of the Buying, Selling, and Trading that goes on in this forum. The responsibility falls solely on the individuals that are doing the transaction. If someone does not honor their side of the transaction, you can post that they didn't. There is nothing that we can do if someone doesn't honor their side, so please do not complain to us about. Give the person ample time to honor their side and after all reasonable attempts to resolve the situation has failed, post who it was so others do not fall victim to them.
And further more sirsmokesalot has handled this in a very much unprofessional mannor, he has read more into this than what acctually happened. I have a Christian background and have never wronged any person in any way. I too have used USPS on many occasions and in all and being completely honest this is a first for me. I do not feel sirsmokesalot has given me ample enough time to rectify the situation. He is also not familiar with the policies of the banks Money Order purchases. He can post all the PM's he wants and i will gladly post all of his as well if it be necessary. Two things have remained constant during this transaction.
1) the money order was sent on friday 2/17/2012.

2) sirsmokesalot has jumped to his own conclusions, disregarding what I attempted to do to rectify the situation.
It will be resolved tomorrow and he has advised he will mail the money order back to me if he recieves it. I agree I should have put some kind of tracking on it, but hindsight is always 20/20.
If I was really trying to steal the pipes would I keep giving him alternatives to rectify the issue?

Offered to send the pipes back until the transaction is completed.

Offered to hand deliver the money order to get it to him earlier.

Offered to western union/ money gram after i canceled the money order.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
@cyndi I agree with you and cannot take sides as I was not party to the deal. As for the postoffice it may be where you live Indiana has such a issue with mail its not funny it gets here just not as it should. 3 days for a letter to go to a town 30 miles away 2 days across the town I live in this is a small town I could have walked it to where it was going in 5 min.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
On the first post it states the money order was put in the mail box ( I am guessing residential) on the 16th. Then on the second it said it went out the 17th. If it had to sit in the box overnight might have gotten lifted by someone. I know in my town we had a string of thieves doing this with mailed movie subscriptions for a while.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Oh yeah... mail theft is possible too. A similar string to what dervis is describing happened to my grandparents in the 70s and it got so bad that my grandfather never, ever put anything in his mailbox again. He made sure he handed it to a postal employee in a post office. Back before online bill payment, we went to the post office A LOT.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Mail is picked up around 4-5 in the afternoon. I get home from work around 6:30 so it went in the mailbox the night of the 16th but probably didn't get picked up till Friday the 17th. And its my home mail box not a blue mail box on the side of the road...havent seen one of those in a few years.
Didn't even think about mailbox theft. Jacksonville Beach does have Quite a Few homeless around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.