PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
I really hate to have to do this....But It says in the rules that if someone does not

up hold their end of a deal, to post that persons name on here so they won't get away with it

again.
I had 4 pipes 4 sale on here. They all sold. "TOKERPIPES" bought 2 of them, and asked me to "HOLD" them

for him until the 15th of this month. Which at the time was a week away. I agreed to do that for him.

I posted an add on here for a free tin of tobacco...."TOKERPIPES" asked for the free tin. I sent it to him free of charge. he replied back that he would send me something in return. He never did.

Since then...He told me he sent out the payment for the pipes...So trusting in his word....I sent him the pipes.

I have not received any payment from "TOKERPIPES" as of today, and all I have gotten is numerous excuses as to

why I don't have the money yet. Including They messed up his pay check....His wife found his money....The payment is lost in the mail...I couldn't get a money order....On and on it goes.

He has since Offered to buy other pipes on this forum from other members asking them to "Hold" the pipes as well.

I was told By "TOKERPIPES" he would Western union the money to me Yesterday, and he would let me know when it was sent.

Still no word from him and still no payment.

Just a warning to you other guys on here....Don't let this Guy do this to you. I've had no issues with any other members here, and I sent out pipes...lighters...and as most of you know....Free Tobacco!

Sorry this had to happen....But I'm just real upset with "TOKERPIPES".

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Ok, here's what we're going to do:
Tokerpipes can tell his side of the story, and then we'll see where this goes. I suggest sticking to the facts, and avoiding personal attacks. That's where we get involved. Otherwise, as it says in the forum, "you're on your own". We don't get involved.

sirsmokesalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks Kevin. There will be no personal attacks at all.

I have given TOKERPIPES Numerous opportunities to take of this

and he just keeps giving me excuses day after day.

Just now he told me that he doesn't have the money and he asked his

wife for it, but she isn't giving it to him.

I have all the PM's he has sent me since this whole thing Began.

It's just very frustrating and I am Now very upset.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Ok fair enough.
I did ask for the pipes to be held untill I got paid. Sirsmokesalot would only accept a money order. I have no issue in him requesting the payment in this manner. I obtained the money order on the 16th once I had deposited my check. On the same day when I got home the pipes were in my mail box. He informed me he sent them and I advised I would inform him when the payment was put in the mail. So, upon seeing the pipes I sent him a PM advising they were recieved and that I was going to be in North Carolina that weekend and asked if he would like it that weekend by hand delivery suggesting we could meet in Charlotte. He declined and said to just mail it. So, I put the money order in an envelope, stamped, addressed, and put it in the mail box that night, the same night I recieved the pipes. I hit the road the next morning for North Carolina.
Tuesday he advised the payment was not recieved. I advised possibly because of Presidents Day it got held up in the mail. I advised I would go by the gas station to get the policy information on the money order. All money orders are associated with a bank, so I contacted the bank and they advised me they showed no record of it being cashed. They also advised they could put a cancelation or stop pay on the money order which would take up to 3 weeks for the reimbursment to be sent to me, but to give it 15 days for possible deposit first. They also advised if its been cashed there wasnt much they could do about it. I informed sirsmokesalot of the procedure and asked him if he would like me to send the pipes (which I had used) back untill the trasaction has been figured out or situated. He didn't accnowlege my suggestion in any futher PM's. Just kept calling me a thief and a liar.
Wednesday, yesterday he continued to bully me and brow beat me for some reason. I have been on the level with him the entire time. I offered yesterday to send the funds by Western Union or Money Gram with an adittional $5 for the inconvenience and that I will put a stop pay on the money order today.
Now I may budget my PAD, TAD stash and other than that I live paycheck to paycheck. So I dont have the money to just send when its already tied up in the money order, but after discussing this matter with my wife she is allowing me to use her paycheck tomorow to do the Western Union after she gets her direct deposit.
The money order is now cancelled, and it will be several weeks before I get the funds back. I can only assume that the payment is floating around out in the U.S. Postal sevice somewhere.
So gents you decide.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Hard to believe this couldn't have been resolved via PM.
Unless these are pristine vintage Dunhills, formerly owned by Lawrence Olivier and Prince Edward, and thus worth thousands of dollars, and unless receipt of the payment was crucial to the acquisition of life-saving surgery for my child -- or at least my best bird dog -- I cannot imagine there is enough money at stake to mess with another fellow's reputation in public after -- by my count -- an eight-days' delay in payment.
Guess I grew up in a different era, where we held our own honor very dear, and were slow and reluctant to besmirch the honor of another fellow -- especially as there were likely to be consequences of doing so improvidently.

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
How I do it ??? I live by --- If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
My integrity is worth more than getting into a tif over a few bucks. If I did not have the money to pay and back up the payment, I wouldn't buy it.
That's my opinion.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Two guys, two sides of the same story. Kind of hard for third parties to judge this kind of stuff. I'll agree with tslex that after only eight days, with some communication, it seems a bit premature to air this in public.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Why don't you both send all your pipes and money to me and I'll keep it to avoid all future mishaps :rofl:

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I dont know Tokerpipes personally, dont know any more about this than whats posted here and a pm yesterday asking my advice on the situation. All I can say is I've sold pipes to him before, and there were no problems at all in that deal.

I've bought and sold a lot of pipes here, and sometimes problems come up. Its just a part of life, people make mistakes (I know I have) and sometimes USPS just plain sucks.

Seems like Tokerpipes is trying to get this straightened out, why dont you give him a chance to sort this out before you knock his reputation ? If he doesnt make it right by all means let us know, but at this point it seems likely USPS is to blame for the problem.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
USPS sucks, alot, Ive sent and been sent things through them, more then 75% of the time the package does not get to me or the recipient on the date they suggest, usually it takes a week or more longer

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I should probably stay out of this but I cant help but wonder why anyone would decline hand delivery, as tokerpipes suggested, t5hen call someone a thief, all based on our fine postal/ups service. Why was it a problem to meet him in Charlotte?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I do not know either person, personally, but I do know the mail system. It has not been enough time as of yet to believe someone is cheating you. I do know that it took almost 3 weeks for the baccy I sent to reach Zanthal. I do think, at this point, that a bit more time be allowed. Let us wait and see if Toker comes through before any further action is taken. After all, 8 days is merely a blink of the eye to the Postal Service. The Canadian and American policy is and always has been, innocent until proven guilty!

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Sirsmokesalot, I suggest that you get a paypal. It's much faster and easier. If the person sends it as a gift, then you dont have to pay any fees. Also you can deposit money in your paypal right into your bank.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Anybody with PAD must use ebay and anybody that uses ebay a lot uses paypal, transactions via paypal are simple and can be monitored by both sides of a transaction, if sellers insist that potential buyers use paypal and buyers insist that they only purchase from people that have a paypal account. Saves a lot of bother and accusations. I hope that this story has a happy ending for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.