PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I almost made a move on this today but ultimately passed. I could use a dual-arbor motor. $40 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252073772791?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
$_57.JPG

Mar 30, 2014
wv
A critical piece of info I left out of the original post.
I use the stiff multi-stitch buffer pads for the hard shell super gloss finish. You can see the type of pad in the first picture. (Left side) For a semi-gloss finish, I use the fluffy pads.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks to you all, and the OP that started it! This post/thread has been fabulously fascinating! And I am in awe of the skills, resourcefulness, ingenuity, and inventiveness of you guys!! I tend to be too frequently all thumbs in the shop, so your tales of adventure are downright inspiring! And now I know why my plasmatic 5000 dremel bench grinder keeps throwing my stummels against the wall and shattering them!! Who'da thunk you can't buff and polish at 60,000 rpm!! Now I know! Thanks again!! (just kidding about that last bit... I'm a klutz, but not THAT bad! Mostly.) Incidently, I went to print these pages... TWENTY SEVEN! So I thought copy/paste, keep an e-copy >>> 47 pages, requiring an excruciating amount of editing. Idea: you guys collaborate on a book in the same spirit and covering more of similar subjects and processes and ingenious solutions and hell, I'd buy it in a heart beat!! Betchya thousands of others would too!! In any case, keep it up!!! And thanks again! DIY never looked better!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not sure how/if it works on Windows, but using Safari onna Mac, you can choose File->Save As->Web Archive and you get the whole enchilada without editing or wasting paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.