Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Picked this cheap watch up from a site called Temu, as I thought it would make for a decent beach watch. For only $5 I wasn't expecting the world.

Turns out, it is not waterproof LOL. I might be able to salvage the band for something though.

20230816_081029.jpg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
I don’t really have any “high value” watches but I do love and where my watch is often. View attachment 240321
More info on the top row, second from the left please! I like the wood trim around the face.

FYI as dumb as it sounds, 30m is not recomended for pool/swimming use. I believe its 50m or more. I do like that Timex though! And, It will probably be fine, just dont be suprised if you get water in it.
So far so good, just brief dips in the pool no deep sea diving or anything.

I'm wearing this one today...
View attachment 240331
That is a funny one ! Looks like a special build from watchuseek?

Reactions: didimauw

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
More info on the top row, second from the left please! I like the wood trim around the face.
It’s a brand called Original Grain. The one you asked about is from recycled whisky barrels. The one to the right of it is also an Original Grain. This one they teamed up with Taylor guitars and used some of the wood Taylor uses to make guitars.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Interesting watch story - We eat at the same restaurant every Friday. "Larry", a regular patron, always wears a Rolex Sub, from the 1970's on his right wrist. And, a 2nd watch on his other wrist. I've learned to ask about them. Last week #2 was a 1961 Vulcain Cricket (alarm), that works. Tonight, a 1938 Rolex Speedking, he replaced the hands, rest is original. He's quite a character.

1693017205663.jpeg
1693017221026.jpeg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Undeterred by its brothers early demise, this brown watch from Temu will hopefully become my new tried and tested outdoor work watch.
Well it lasted 30 minutes of lawn mowing, and it still works. Looks like this was the healthy one from the litter.

Got some other gems coming from TEMU as well, I will post them up once they arrive.

Omega Speedmaster

That's my vote, but both are great looking watches.

1961 Vulcain Cricket

That is a smart looking watch. Love the strap on it as well. I'm not sure I could pull off two watches at once though LOL.