PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I’ve read on TR that War Horse Bar contains some Tonquin. Those of you who have tried WHB, do you find any similarities with 1792 Flake?

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I'd say they're in the same ballpark. Similar constituent tobaccos, if I recall. War Horse may be more heavily topped, at least to me. Probably a heavier dose of the DFK in 1792.

For me, they scratch the same itch. YMMV.

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The original or the current version?
The current version does not.
The original may have, but you'll have to consult the man who paid otherwise good money to have an original bar analyzed by a forensics lab: @condorlover1

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Both myself and Dan know exactly what was in the original as he has the print out (I think) of the analysis of the original. As to what's in the new version that is a tough call. It is meant to have heliotrope, valerian Root extract, gum Arabic as well some form of fortified wine such as Madeira - how much of that is in the new version is anyones guess. I don't believe Tonquin beans would have been used as they are not in commerce these days. As to the tobaccos used you are better off asking @woodsroad.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Yep just checked with Roger and you have the original analysis. It's like looking for the key to that humidor I gave you years ago, no one remembers what happened to it but everyone remembers seeing the key! Lol. I have not seen you post this much in many a month. Must be a slow day in Woods-ville. How are you?

Reactions: woodsroad

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It's the War Horse ads you really want to see if you can talk @woodsroad into posting them. The one with Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald was a classic in the making. The famous 'It Tastes Like Shit! Buy Some' was another blinder. The Chicago Pipe Show 2015 Car Air Freshener is another brilliant one. Fungal Slices was another.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The original or the current version?
The current version does not.
The original may have, but you'll have to consult the man who paid otherwise good money to have an original bar analyzed by a forensics lab: @condorlover1

I got a stash of the stuff several years ago.

Can you tell if it's original or not from the tin or sticker on the bottom?

P9246464.jpgP9246461.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Well. George, you do have a first-run batch of the Standard Tobacco-licensed product there. But by "Original", I was actually referring to the old Gallaher product.

9fV8Bgv.jpg