PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I try to remember every time but you don't have some of the blends I smoke up. Would you care for me to make a list of these that you could potentially add? I am sure you are probably well aware of most of them though.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@ Duncan - Thanks for the test, but it only helps if the name of the tobacco is used in the link, like this ... 4noggins Prairie Wind Tobacco Reviews
@wallbright
I try to remember every time but you don't have some of the blends I smoke up. Would you care for me to make a list of these that you could potentially add?
Thanks, but not right now. They have to be personally added by me, and I do not have time to add more right now. We have to work with what we have of the 605 that are already there.
The site is doing pretty good being only 4.5 months old. We are not going to catch up to a 10-year old site overnight though.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Thanks for the test, but it only helps if the name of the tobacco is used in the link, like this ... 4noggins Prairie Wind Tobacco Reviews
Does it have to say the name of the tobacco and "tobacco reviews"? Or will just the name of the tobacco linked to the site suffice?
Thanks, but not right now.

No worries at all.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Just the name of the tobacco is good, and sometimes adding "tobacco review" or anything else appropriate.
This is kind of like Search Engine Optimization 101.
As I said in the initial post, 1-way inbound links carry a lot of weight in the rankings algorithm. The other part of that formula is that the text that is linked should be the "keyword phrase" that you want to rank for.
For example, we do not want to rank for "this is a test".
We do want to rank for "4noggins Prairie Wind Tobacco".

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
I just did some SEO training at work. Talk about a whole other world! Glad to help. And I am looking forward to trying Robert Lewis 123 Mixture sometime soon. After all, it's not just anybody that can order a tin of tobacco with one's name on it :)

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
What I miss on LTR is being able to search based on components or strenght etc. That is the main reason I still go to tobaccoreviews. I guess it would be difficult to implement though.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
This is true unless your name is:

Gordon Pym

Alfred Dunhill

Benjamin Hartwell

David Off (heehee)

Captain Earle

Dan

Carter Hall
you get the idea.
:lol:
-Jason

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
@Kevin - no not directly. I'm in IT, but on the operations side. I do work for a big online company, so they offer free training in a multitude of disciplines. I took the online course just for a better understanding of how things work from the web side of things. As I dig deeper I may take you up on that offer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.