Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Hey guys, I just wanted to point out something you can easily do that will help our online efforts, if you are so inclined.
Notice in this post how I linked McClelland Christmas Cheer to it's review page on LuxuryTobaccoReviews.com? (For anyone that is not aware, that site has the same ownership as this site.)
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/not-meant-to-be-a-pipe-smoking-day
Pardon me for getting Internet geeky, but the simple explanation is that 1-way inbound links help search engine rankings. So that link I made to McClelland Christmas Cheer will help LTR.com rank better for searches on that tobacco.
I am just asking this as a favor, and no one is obligated to do it, but anytime you are posting and naming a specific tobacco, it would be super appreciated if you linked to its page on LTR.
Of course, we do not have every tobacco in there, but we do have 605 tobaccos listed. Every single one is entered by me personally.
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help out.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
I'll try to remember to do that as well. Aside from helping out, it might be a good way to help some of us newbs become familiar with brands and blends.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Will do, not a problem, Kevin.
I think I'd like to try some Peterson Irish Flake next.
http://luxurytobaccoreviews.com/t/peterson-irish-flake

sockmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 13, 2011
Random suggestion?
A "You May Also Like..." section beneath the reviews, linking similar tobaccos to those that are on the page, might be helpful in providing a little direction to broaden one's tobacco collection.
Just a thought.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Kevin,

Can I ask that we have a link for LTR be put on one of the sidebars on here? It makes linking to it easier than me having to open a new tab and go through my ludicrously long bookmarks to get to it. Also makes it so I don't have to refresh the page until it pops up in one of the banners.
-Jason

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Jeremiah's idea for a "You might also like..." reminds me:
One of the nicest features of LTR, that I'm always trying to bring to everyone's attention,

is the grouping by blend category in the left hand column of the home page. It's so nice

to have, say, all the Vapers grouped so you can compare tin descriptions, if not user reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.