Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
curious how so?
the accent?
Yes the accent.. can't really put my finger on it. Almost like he is cultivating something he thinks sounds sophisticated to native speakers. But then again.. I am perhaps just full of shit and sometimes irritated by his lecturing :) At least the guy has something to say and we don't just see a dude sucking on his pipe like in so many of the pipe Videos on YouTube

• Haha
Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
In Germany it's quite common to spend a year on a US highschool. A classmate of mine was gone for a year to (I believe Ann Arbor,) Michigan. When she returned, two things had changed: a) perfectly shaven armpits (at that time it was not yet so common in Germany) and b) a thick US accent.
My best times were the mid 60s till mid 70s when (long) hair was very important. My hair reached my shoulders (s. Picture below) and at that time only girls with a moustache used a razor. Unfortunately the Gilltette Company was succesful in telling all girls and women that they had to shave all their bodyhair otherwise they woud be ugly and unhygenic. Nowadays natural girls are as rare as a Charatan Summa Cum Laude.

Attachments

• Passbild.jpg
    Passbild.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 4
Europeans may hate us, but I will stand in the street all day trying to figure out what a German or Frenchman who is having trouble with English is trying to ask me. One visit to Paris, and I have learned to be very, very tolerant of people trying to ask me questions. I've had four years of high school French and a year in college, but I couldn't find anyone in Paris willing to help me find a bathroom.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Europeans may hate us, but I will stand in the street all day trying to figure out what a German or Frenchman who is having trouble with English is trying to ask me. One visit to Paris, and I have learned to be very, very tolerant of people trying to ask me questions. I've had four years of high school French and a year in college, but I couldn't find anyone in Paris willing to help me find a bathroom.
People in France call them Paris-ites for a reason. ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Unfortunately the Gilltette Company was succesful in telling all girls and women that they had to shave all their bodyhair otherwise they woud be ugly and unhygenic. Nowadays natural girls are as rare as a Charatan Summa Cum Laude.
Well, the Gillette company did something right there: I don't have dwarven tastes when it comes to women.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.