toadfrog

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
You are not alone...............
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9298485

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Wow, that is a bit of the ol ultraviolence! Good on P+C for backing you up though.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Did you contact your post master or go straight to P&C?
I called P&C directly and emailed the photos. They handled it immediately. The customer service rep was a little shocked at the photos as well. Her supervisor got the pictures and called her over to see them while she was on the phone with me.
I have never had a package delivered in this kind of shape. I have had some lost before. I ship items all over the country also, and have never seen this kind of damage. I did have to get a Postal Inspector involved in a pilfering scam once. He was very serious and did not play around.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Looks like they ran it over with a truck... although accidents do happen, the USPS should pay for that, and I would like to know where are the remains of the pipe?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wow...now that’s a truly destroyed package. Awesome. Kudos to P&C for how they handled it for you.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
This is insanely ridiculous. I can't begin to imagine the rage I would feel if I was at home waiting for a package and they handed that to me. Wouldn't be a good ending.
What if that had been your dream pipe you had waited all your life for??? 8O

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm not one to often stand up for USPS, they are a sub standard postal services when compared to other nations globally, however this is simply an accident that can happen. These parcels are processed using high speed optical character readers and bar code scanners. The machinery is monolithic in proportion and running at insane speeds. I've seen it happen on the modern equipment before (although not to this level) so the older parcel sorting equipmentused in many USPS facilities could easily mangle a rock, let alone a box full of tobacco. Chalk this one up to poop happens and be glad P&C is standing up for customer service.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
TerryGoldman123 said:

"When they close down the postal service, UPS/FedEx

will cover the slack and we will have no more damaged goods."
I think this is Terry working on a comedy routine he'll use if he gets a stand-up comic spot on Letterman ... that line really IS pretty funny and if the rest of his material is as good, he stands a chance of being a hit ...

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I ship about 40 packages a week via USPS and have been doing so 50 weeks out of the year for the last decade. I've had exactly two packages that arrived to the buyer's home that were damaged. That's a darned good track record in my book. And whenever I go to one of my local USPS offices with needs or concerns I am always treated with courtesy and the agents are extremely helpful. How they deliver so many millions of letters and packages a day with so few problems is beyond me.
I know that when one is the recipient of a mutilated package it is no fun. I am glad P&C is taking care of the OP and frankly, I applaud the USPS for sending the package and showing their damage as opposed to not accepting responsibility and just trashing it and looking the other way.
Just my thoughts,
Pipestud

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I agree with pipestud. This is not a normal occurrence and USPS normally does a good job. I would have been much angrier had P&C not stood behind it. Things happen, I just thought you guys should know. I ship hundreds of packages a year and have had two claims in the past 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.