PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Just thought you guys might like to see what I got delivered from Pipes & Cigars yesterday. The USPS totally destroyed my shipment. Tobacco was everywhere and the pipe I ordered was missing. They did make sure and bag up what was left of the box and the remaining contents. They also put a sticker on the bag stating "We Care"! I was totally shocked when I got the package. This is the USPS at its finest!
I called Pipes & Cigars and they handled it quickly and professionally. They are filing the claim and have sent me total replacements for the loss. Most excellent customer service.
015-600x450.jpg

016-600x450.jpg

017-600x450.jpg

0181-600x450.jpg

0191-600x450.jpg

0202-600x450.jpg

0221-600x450.jpg

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Already contacted P&C. They are replacing the whole order. I had to get a different pipe as the one I ordered they were out of. They did discount the other pipe I ordered off of the sale price. A very nice customer service representative handled the problem. I did email them the pics and they are handling the claim with USPS.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
The Odyssey was totally destroyed. The other tobacco was crushed badly and very dry. I am going to try to salvage as much of it as I can.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've worked with USPS & Canada Post as a commercial mailer for 15 years and I've never seen a package that badly damaged before! Hey, stuff happens and that looks like it either got run over by a delivery truck or it got jammed in some sorting equipment. Good on P&C for fixing it for you right away.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
When they sort parcels they are on these giant conveyor systems with high speed spinning wheels to push the parcels from point A to point B. I have seen parcels get jammed between two spinning wheels and it does look like tire tracks.

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I bet it got caught in the sorting equipment. It totally CRUSHED the Odyssey can. I could not even pry the can apart. When it was delivered, the bag smelled terrific! These were all English blends!
I was wondering how they know where to deliver it. The label was unreadable. I guess they could still scan the bar code.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Wow.. I can't say I've ever seen USPS mess one up that bad. Looks like it literally got ran over by a truck!
UPS on the other hand, I've seen some good ones. Shop I worked at in college had a $2K Prometheus humidor show up after they literally ran a forklift through it.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
This is how the government is going to send a message to tobacco users, just like the horse head in the bed in The Godfather. Also I'm very sorry for your loss.

~Ron

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My sympathies - that's just painful to see.
I'm not surprised that P&C is going to make it good and file a claim. I really think that they have good intentions.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
This is unfortunate. I do not like UPS or Purolator for shipping tobacco into Canada as it will 100% of the time be charged full duty. USPS is slow, and apparently reckless, but really my only option at this point.
I'm also glad to hear P&C is stepping up to the plate to correct this horrific situation!
Good luck getting it all resolved!

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Pipes & Cigars is a class act IMHO. I'm not shocked they took care of it ASAP. Did you contact your post master or go straight to P&C?
Although I have never had a package damaged like that with the USPS, I have had multiple problems withe F'edEx and UPS. Every time they put the liability off on the seller/shipper for replacements even though F'edEx and UPS did the damages.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a nightmare. Why do I suspect that someone plucked up that pipe and slipped it in his pocket (assuming there

was anything left of it)? Never had such an experience with pipes or tobacco. My sister's Christmas box to us was

destroyed in transit, and all we ever received were little shredded parts of the address label. I still surmise that some

of the negligence attributed to the USPS is really customer error, wrong addresses, shoddy packing, etc. But this is

definitely the USPS. All kudos and accolades to P&C for following up in the best fashion. They are the super good

guys and gals in this incident. I'm glad you will get the tobacco and a good new pipe. You deserve many a calm

winter evening of excellent smoking in compensation.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I wish I hadn't eaten lunch before opening this thread. I really am disgusted by this... Thank goodness that it is being handled well, although something similar happened to me and the pipe I ordered was no longer available. Sorry for your inconvenience; be sure to post some happier photos when you receive your replacements!

Jan 8, 2013
My first thought was... Good God! They freaking ran over it! 8O I see others here agree. Good to know your order is being replaced... I'm surprised the USPS even sent it too you like that... it's like rubbing salt in the wound. Would have been better just to contact you and let you know that they accidently sent your order to Afghanistan and was repeatedly bombed.

Status
Not open for further replies.