Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
My only issue is that WAYS posts shouldn’t contribute to “prestige” wish those could be factored separately.
LOL, you can post in WAYS! Bigger things in life to worry about than who can or can't count posts or for what, or god forbid, who "likes" them - I don't think I've ever paid attention to how many posts anyone has, then again, if I looked at mine I might question my productivity in other areas of my life, haha.

BriarsAndBottles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2022
Hercules, California
LOL, you can post in WAYS! Bigger things in life to worry about than who can or can't count posts or for what, or god forbid, who "likes" them - I don't think I've ever paid attention to how many posts anyone has, then again, if I looked at mine I might question my productivity in other areas of my life, haha.
I’m not sure. Pipesmagazine post counts could be the single most important issue facing the planet currently. Is there anything else of note happening globally right now?

Lol joking aside. I’m just saying that if the point of the titles is to indicate engagement. Posting “had a bowl of captain black” 5,000 times isn’t the best way to dialogue with your fellow hobbyists.

Lastly I check all the time haha, you’re at 4,696. Almost time to be called “Ever Productive One”

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I’m not sure. Pipesmagazine post counts could be the single most important issue facing the planet currently. Is there anything else of note happening globally right now?

Lol joking aside. I’m just saying that if the point of the titles is to indicate engagement. Posting “had a bowl of captain black” 5,000 times isn’t the best way to dialogue with your fellow hobbyists.

Lastly I check all the time haha, you’re at 4,696. Almost time to be called “Ever Productive One”
All a matter of taste! I enjoy looking at the various pipes, tobaccos, landscapes, pets, seeing what’s up with @JimInks ferals and so forth on WAYS as much or more than the other fun stuff to be found on here most of the time, but in terms of engagement I doubt I look at 5% of the new threads on any given day - not enough time and it’s a subject or fellow member that might catch my eye. Very subjective for sure which is why I’m guessing it’s tough to come up with somewhat arbitrary handles that will please all. I don’t even notice who is called what other than I know we have a pirate and a sultan - sounds like a great Errol Flynn/Yul Brynner movie!

Reactions: JOHN72 and JimInks