Uncle Phil Smokes a Pipe! Fresh Prince Albert of Bel-Air?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Was just watching some FPoBA reruns on HBOmax (sn3ep22:Ain't No Business Like Show Business), and caught this scene that starts with Carlton handing uncle Phil a freshly packed bent Billiard, saying, "Here ya go, big-guy."
Uncle Phil says, "Thank you, son." with a big smile on his face and Carlton proceeds to light the pipe for him, making for a very wholesome, Leave it to Beaver-esque moment.
20210323_194735.jpg20210323_194813.jpg20210323_194847.jpg20210323_194916.jpg

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah I agree, since Uncle Phil looks JUST like Suge Knight a cigar would have been perfectly obvious which may have been why they went with the pipe lol. It's fun to try and guess what blend a particular celebrity is smoking...
Hopefully not "stage tobacco" i encountered some of that stuff in the past where it produces smoke but isnt real.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yeah I agree, since Uncle Phil looks JUST like Suge Knight a cigar would have been perfectly obvious which may have been why they went with the pipe lol. It's fun to try and guess what blend a particular celebrity is smoking...
Hopefully not "stage tobacco" i encountered some of that stuff in the past where it produces smoke but isnt real.
stage tobacco? Isn't that made out of lettuce?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
*Jazzy Jeff tobacco

giphy.gif

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
The premise of this scene is Uncle Phil enjoying a moment of perfect relaxation with his children. That face as he exhales says it all. Of course, it's just a set-up for Will to come crashing in and announce that he's dropping out to become a comedian... shattering Uncle Phil's rare blissful moment.
It's pretty cool to watch him yell at Will using the pipe stem as an angry pointer!
I miss the days when it wasn't taboo to show a dad having a moment of supreme relaxation, pipe in hand, surrounded by family.
These days they don't have a problem portraying a dad handling stress by learning to cook meth and going on a crime spree, as long as there's no tobacco involved.