PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

f(x)

Lurker
Feb 12, 2023
Niagara Frontier
Many years ago, I had purchased a Meer at a local B&M and was very pleased with my new pipe. It was kind of unique in that it was a Meer and had a volcano theme going. It was well carved and was from a fine meerschaum block.

Sometime after my purchase I was back in that shop and overheard the owner and some customers laughing over that pipe, LOL! They were saying things like the buyer must have been crazy to want that pipe! Unbeknownst to me, it even had a nickname, "The UFO." That pipe and I parted company my years later. I dropped it and kaboom! I did really like that pipe! As said before, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." It did give me a few laughs though! I still chuckle when I think of that visit! Man, I miss that pipe!

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
I must admit, I like the lecherous looking one, second from the left on the top row—as a caricaturist, I dig the cartoony quality in the face—he might be a modern day Bacchus, if he was sleeping on a bench with a bottle of Twister in his soiled trenchcoat pocket.
And here he is! This is a CAO pipe, too!

Attachments

• CAOMeltyBacchus.JPG
    CAOMeltyBacchus.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: TheIronMonkey

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
I find some shapes have executions I find ugly even if I generally like most of them. I love bulldogs and Rhodesians, I will definitely buy one eventually but I find them ugly if the bowl is is too short or too tall. Cuttys I'm also fond of, but only if they have the spur and the bowl isn't bent too far forward.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon