PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
It doesn't hurt when you inhale? My understanding has always been that cigarette tobacco is modified to be inhalable, while pipe tobacco is not.

I switched to pipes to break my thirty five year 30-40-a-day cig addiction.
Inhaling is part of the ritual that gives me satisfaction. It soothes the nerves and is relaxing.

So I choose mild, mild-medium blends with no more than mild nicotine. [I'm sure that they're made for inhalers]
Sucking that cool, smooth tasty smoke into my lungs does not hurt one little bit.

If however, I inhaled a strong high-nicotine blend, I'm certain that I'd turn green and would probably hack up half a lung. :eek:

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I don’t think anyone is gonna turn around and say you are doing it wrong bro, especially if you enjoy the way you smoke. I know I’d certainly prefer to inhale something from the D&R range than any cigarettes I could get from the corner shop. Totally understand the ritual aspect too. When a bowl is just singing for me, I’ll quite often stop and do a conscious retrohale or French inhale. Then again, I smoke using the breathe technique so I retrohale a lot without thinking about it anyways.

what I do find curious about the whole inhaling or not thing, is where technique inhibits nicotine absorption.

hey, on another note, your screen name is definitely referring to this lad aye?!?

C0FFA93E-517F-4D49-A319-F2AF8AFB8E09.jpeg

Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I don’t think anyone is gonna turn around and say you are doing it wrong bro, especially if you enjoy the way you smoke. I know I’d certainly prefer to inhale something from the D&R range than any cigarettes I could get from the corner shop. Totally understand the ritual aspect too. When a bowl is just singing for me, I’ll quite often stop and do a conscious retrohale or French inhale. Then again, I smoke using the breathe technique so I retrohale a lot without thinking about it anyways.

what I do find curious about the whole inhaling or not thing, is where technique inhibits nicotine absorption.

hey, on another note, your screen name is definitely referring to this lad aye?!?

View attachment 54034
:LOL: Yeah, ol' Chop-Chop.

The impersonator in your pic did a great Chopper impersonation.

Chopper was certainly a 'colourful' character to say the least.
Although it's nothing to be admired, he had a strict code of ethics where he only targeted drug dealers and other criminals.
He did not ever assault a law-abiding citizen, a cop nor any prison guard. That I respect.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

BalkanCanuck

Lurker
Dec 14, 2020
New Jersey
Welcome. Flavored tobacco is not really my thing except for a few, which are lakelands and St. Bruno. St. Bruno is a real winner for me and it's easy to find.
I just ordered some St. Bruno and waiting to receive it. Very curious as it gets some interesting reviews. I also read a first impression article on Smoking Pipes which had some history on the blend which was extremely interesting. I’m quite facinated with blends that have been around for such a long time.