PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Nice pipes. Enjoy. What's the third pipe in the back ground in the second pic? That also looks like a nice pipe.

Reactions: petes03

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Love the grain on the Dunhill. Nice pipes! Dunhills are wonderful pipes. I prefer Sasieni but Dunhills are equal in quality IMO.

Reactions: petes03

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both excellent pipes that will last a lifetime. I confess curiosity about which you will smoke more often over time. I'd bet on the Neerup, but that's just speculation -- because of it's more dressed up design, as opposed to the lovely traditional classic Dunhill that is rather quiet visually. I have an Oom-Paul, a Sav Hercules, I like a lot. No Neerups, that look a little front heavy to me, but are always praised by their owners.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Both excellent pipes that will last a lifetime. I confess curiosity about which you will smoke more often over time. I'd bet on the Neerup, but that's just speculation -- because of it's more dressed up design, as opposed to the lovely traditional classic Dunhill that is rather quiet visually. I have an Oom-Paul, a Sav Hercules, I like a lot. No Neerups, that look a little front heavy to me, but are always praised by their owners.
I try to give all of my pipes equal attention, but I do have my favorites that end up getting smoked more often. Both of these are excellent smokers. I will say that the Neerup may get more attention than the Dunhill, but it will get its fair share as well. As for the Neerup being front heavy, it is, but not as bad as you might think. It’s surprisingly light and balanced. It’s actually pretty easy to clinch, at least for me. It smokes extremely cool and dry as well.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I meant to ask, is your Savinelli a 614? I have a Roma 614 that is an excellent smoker. A6B1A2C8-36D8-4725-A789-99CCCCDB6611.jpeg

Reactions: bnichols23

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Trying to clench with dentures was never a problem for me, but then again when I smoked I still had my teeth. I am getting dentures now, however, and on Tuesday I go to have the last two teeth on the bottom yanked. I still have limited chewing given them, so this weekend I've been celebrating by eating watermelon and roast chicken.

Oh! the pipe! Well when I get dentures I may have to return to the pipe on a very limited basis, a bowl every week or two, so as to test how well my dentures clench. You may I ask, what if they don't work? In my vast disappoint shall I simply chuck them out?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Trying to clench with dentures was never a problem for me, but then again when I smoked I still had my teeth. I am getting dentures now, however, and on Tuesday I go to have the last two teeth on the bottom yanked. I still have limited chewing given them, so this weekend I've been celebrating by eating watermelon and roast chicken.

Oh! the pipe! Well when I get dentures I may have to return to the pipe on a very limited basis, a bowl every week or two, so as to test how well my dentures clench. You may I ask, what if they don't work? In my vast disappoint shall I simply chuck them out?
I've found clenching more comfortable without dentures and can eat everything without teeth that I could with.