PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Well, it’s a three-day weekend over the 4th, so I expect to see three new pipes come Monday. ?
Hahaha. I actually have 3 on the way, but I doubt they’ll be here by then. One is coming from Italy, one from Singapore and one from smokingpipes.

PS, that was supposed to be “cheers” in the OP, not “jeers”. Stupid autocorrect.....

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
That Dunhill passes a pipe cleaner doesn't it?
Actually, no. The draw is open, and it smokes dry, but does not pass a cleaner. I’ve read that Dunhill made some, with a slightly different bottom profile, that would pass a cleaner, but that the majority of their Oom Pauls will not. It is a very difficult shape to drill in a manor that allows a PC to pass to the bowl, so I never expect one to do so.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Actually, no. The draw is open, and it smokes dry, but does not pass a cleaner. I’ve read that Dunhill made some, with a slightly different bottom profile, that would pass a cleaner, but that the majority of their Oom Pauls will not. It is a very difficult shape to drill in a manor that allows a PC to pass to the bowl, so I never expect one to do so.
Just asking as I've never had one of their straights pass a cleaner, but this one does.

20200504_150420.jpg

• Love
Reactions: JLD66 and petes03