PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skatutakee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2021
Massachusetts / New Hampshire
Hello cigar smokers,

Just a short question - I'm wondering what are the pros and cons of leaving tubed cigars in their tubo versus untubing them, when stored in a humidor?

My opinion is to leave them in the tube, as they aren't probably perfectly airtight anyways, but might bring a little protection for the cigars. Other opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
I have a couple of oversized glass jars dedicated to tubed robustos. I crack the caps so they’re open but loosely attached, stand them in the jar cap down, toss in a Boveda, and close the jar. This has worked sustainably for years — the Boveda never goes dry and the cigars keep great. (I don’t like to keep them in my humidors because the tubes are space hogs.)

Reactions: burleyboy and BROBS

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Turbos are in essence just a quick and easy way to protect your cigars. They can easily be tossed in a backpack or bag. That’s the primary reason for them. However as for long term storage it can go good or bad. Some cigars will form mold inside the tubes. Some won’t. I have experienced both. I crack mine if they aren’t going to be smoked right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.