PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

B.Lew

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2020
SE Michigan
1996 F-150 4X4 5-Speed Manual. Bought from a close friend last fall. Currently has 249,000 on the ODO. Not a daily driver but a hauler when needed. Spent first 20 years of life in Colorado. In turn, it looks very clean with minimal rust for an older truck in Michigan! I envy the southern/western living trucks I’ve seen posted thus far. Salt=Death
IMG_0915.jpeg
IMG_0746.jpeg

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Big fan of dent sides!

It was a fun truck but it had some issues. When I bought it, the stock 2bbl carb had been swapped out for a 4bbl made for the 460 V-8. It would flood really easily so starting it cold could be a 20 minute process. After I had the correct carb installed it ran great but top speed was 66mph. Probably a good thing for a 16 year old in retrospect but it definitely took the shine off it at the time.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
We were a Saturn family (purchasers, not workers) and I had the 2007 Vue. The Honda engine was going to last "forever" until I was rear ended with nearly 200k miles on it.

The Vue was my favorite vehicle. Now I have an Equinox, which is similar but not the same or as truck-like.

May you get many more years out of both your vehicles.
Yeah I was with Saturn from before the beginning through to the end. If only GM could have left us alone would still be going.
Alas.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I couldn't live with a truck, but my wife loves hers. Last year, she traded her 2011 LTZ, which was mint, for this 2022 High Country. The HC is like a Cadillac, but will be used for gravel/mulch/dump runs, etc. She had to have black again, so my detailing days are not over. We need the full size bed, but not necessarily the full cab (we loved the 2011 suicide door crew-cab, they don't make these any more). I had to re-organize my garage to get this to fit, still pisses me off. The service manager ended up with her 2011, same day.

Liz_2011.jpg

LIz_2022.jpg