PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The only truck I've ever had for daily driving was a white Dodge three-on-the-floor pickup, a 1966 I think, the kind with just two doors and one bench seat. This was the Neosho (Missouri) Daily News delivery truck that the publisher (Howard Bush) let me drive in the morning and until about 3 p.m. to go cover stories, to get back so the delivery crew could get the papers in distribution. This was a summer internship for me, as a reporter and photographer.

Jezz, I loved driving that. It was nearly new at the time, and it was the right vehicle for that mostly rural area. The delivery crew landed it in a ditch while I was there, but the metal came out unscathed. I also got to drive it to cover the Saturday night dirt track stock car races, which was great fun.

That was some truck. A pick-up by the old definition. I lived in a tourist cabin for the summer not far from the newspaper office which was in an old chicken hatchery.

This was an adventure for a young person who had grown up in the Chicago suburbs. On my 21st birthday, i covered a murder at the crime scene. Then back to journalism school in Columbia, Mo., where I'd met the woman I married after being a widower for ten years in my sixties.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche with 270,000 miles on it. Bought it with 19 miles on it. Never had a payment.

I’ve replaced the transmission, lifters, transfer case and radiator in addition to the usual maintenance. Lost track of how many tires I’ve churned through.

This truck is perfect for my job. The back is filled with Pelican cases and tool and it rides like a car. Which is nice with all the driving I do.

The dirty photos are right after I got home from a 2,000 mile, three day and four fire scene run through AZ, UT, CA and NV.

27AC0BDC-AB30-4A2F-BE40-7807E301E4C7.jpeg
3FC99090-4667-4A3C-808A-DDCD5C44ABAD.jpegF58E07DA-AF1D-42FE-B01F-0B9259AF8FA1.jpeg828AAB7D-C105-48F1-AAC9-E204BAAA9AC6.jpeg

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My truck’s twin!
I originally ordered dark gray with gray wheels and was told it would be a 8-9 month wait. That's ok, I'll wait. About a month later, dealer called with this white one. I snatched it up. I like white, my second choice in color.

In the past I've had two Ford F-150's, a Chevy Colorado, a Chevy S-10 and a '77 Ford Ranchero. The '77 Ranchero was my first "new" car. I was a senior in high school. I loved that car/truck. Wish I still had it.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
R160_M_train_leaving_Myrtle_Avenue.jpg

My truck sucks!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I'm digging this thread more than I thought I would.

I don't have much to add except my Saturn Vue was like a mini truck and had more room in back than you'd think when the seats were down. It was seriously like an enclosed truck bed.

alsatmem

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2019
I'm digging this thread more than I thought I would.

I don't have much to add except my Saturn Vue was like a mini truck and had more room in back than you'd think when the seats were down. It was seriously like an enclosed truck bed.
My wife still loves her 06 Vue. She refers to it as a truck also! Honda V6 power train.
Back in the day I was the top Saturn tech in the country.
My “truck” is a 22 Honda CR-V. It hauls my ass so I think it qualifies!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
My wife still loves her 06 Vue. She refers to it as a truck also! Honda V6 power train.
Back in the day I was the top Saturn tech in the country.
My “truck” is a 22 Honda CR-V. It hauls my ass so I think it qualifies!
We were a Saturn family (purchasers, not workers) and I had the 2007 Vue. The Honda engine was going to last "forever" until I was rear ended with nearly 200k miles on it.

The Vue was my favorite vehicle. Now I have an Equinox, which is similar but not the same or as truck-like.

May you get many more years out of both your vehicles.

Reactions: tbradsim1