PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
It is not your computer. It is their website. And it seems to be selective, but I don't know what the issue is. But I suspect it may be tied to anyone with pending orders from their "upgrade" last weekend. I have an order pending for the Escudo sale I placed on Monday the 13th. P&C's problems started on the 10th when they implemented system changes. P&C verified that the order is still in "pending" status and not getting filled due to their system "issues".
All I can tell you is I did manage to get orders in during the IPSD sale but it was a real pain. I too was getting the white screen of death trying to login. What worked for me was to delete pipesandcigars.com cookies from Firefox, reopen the site, reenter my entire order and then checkout as a guest. Other actions also triggered the white screen of death such as changing quantity in cart, viewing cart, etc. It was like pulling teeth to get the orders in. One order I literally had to enter 8 freakin times.
And, for the record, yes my Flash Player, Firefox browser, Windows 10 system and Java all are up to date and I'm experiencing no problems with any other site I visit. It is certainly P&C specific and they are aware of the problem. I also got the "we screwed up, here's $20 free P&C dollars for your trouble" email. DON'T use that! It won't work in conjunction with the IPSD17 code anyways and it also will give you the white screen of death.
Hope that helps some of you to get the discount. It ain't always easy stayin smokey. Good Luck.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Pipesticks, Thanks for the insight. Anecdotes are all we have in the absence of an explanation from P&C. My experience with carts has been much the same. I have also spent a total of more than an hour on hold for representatives.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It's just down right sorrowful that P&C doesn't address this directly. If they are aware of it, then they need to own it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My machine and system are ancient, try going on 8 years, and I haven't had any issues with P&C so far. So it's nothing to do with having the latest system, etc. It might be their site, it might be your ISP, it might be little blue faeries.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
I also got the "we screwed up, here's $20 free P&C dollars for your trouble" email. DON'T use that! It won't work in conjunction with the IPSD17 code anyways and it also will give you the white screen of death.
I was able to use the $20 apology code along with IPSD17 and didn't have any trouble. Lucky me, perhaps.
It's too bad that so many are having trouble.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
mlb55 Lucky you that you got to use the $20 code! I just gave up on it. Through trial and error, i learned over and over what gave me the white screen and that was one of the actions that caused it. That code is good till i believe 3/31 and it won't go to waste what with Dunhill being "Buy 3 Get One Free" in March, so I figured just don't rock the boat and get the damn order in before it konks out on me again. Real PITA but mission accomplished. When and if the orders will show is anyone's guess. Like I said, I'm still waitin for my Escudo from last week. Normally I never have any issues with P&C site. It all started with the system upgrade. If they outsourced it, they are just as clueless as to the cause and at their mercy till its fixed just like we are.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
If any of you guys that can't get your order in at P&C were looking for Dunhill Bulk, I can tell you that cigarsandpipes.com has it for within pennies of P&C's price using the code PRESIDENT and that includes free shipping. I ordered a pound of each on Saturday. They have tins of the Dunhill "Big Three" as well. I'm not at all affiliated BTW....I'm just hunting for the best deals out there like everybody else and hopefully on a site that doesn't repeatedly crash on me (facepalm).

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
1. Will not let me log into my account

2. Will not let me add anything to the cart
I wanted to take advantage of the IPSD17 offer, but no dice

sigh.....

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
Update:

I tried to leave a message through "contact us", but got an error message to try again later. I then called (after hours) and got a recording that ended by saying "Voice mail not available."

This is frustrating. Always had great experiences with these guys before.

FYI here is a copy of the message I tried to submit via the web:

I have tried to log into my account using 3 browsers on a Windows desktop (Edge, Chrome, IE) and Firefox on my Linux laptop. I cannot log in or even add stuff to my cart to check out as guest. I wanted to place a tobacco order with the IPSD 20% off offer, but cannot. Please help. Can I get the 20% at a later date when everything is working?

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
@mackeson Try deleting the pipesandcigars.com cookies in Firefox, then reload the page and don't login.

Tools/Options/Privacy/RemoveIndividualCookies

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
@pipesticks- doesn't work but thanks for the tip. When trying to add to cart, I get
textStatus: error, errorThrown: Internal Server Error

An error occured while proccessing the request.

Please try again or contact customer service.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hope PC gets its site tuned. I've enjoyed some good deals with them. We don't need our sponsors faltering. This IPSD round I bought tins from SP because they carry both Iwan Ries Three Star Blue and the Low Lands line, which is what I especially wanted.

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I agree, mso489. I love buying from P&C. I've never had a problem that they didn't fix....outstanding customer service and I got some really good deals for IPSD. If you can use those 20% off days coupled with what's already on sale, you can get some incredible deals. It's just a shame they chose to "system upgrade" a week before the biggest tobacco shopping day of the year and locked out so many customers. It's a long time to wait for Customer Appreciation Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.