PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Blackmouth210

Lurker
Apr 17, 2021
I've been using a Maxpedition Beefy for several years now and love it.
For about $25 you get a compact rugged weather-resistant bag that carries several pipes, several roll-up tobacco pouches (or ziploc bags), a full 100ct bag of pipe cleaners, a variety of lighters and tampers (if you feel the need for a variety of these things), and still have room left over for a cell phone or other item you wish to carry.
This bag has gotten me through long weekend trips. It'll definitely get you through a workday lunch smoke.

Maxped-Beefy-Organizer.jpg

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
0EEAF616-A408-4C5C-99B0-976523C84A99.jpegC84C7482-C24B-49FC-8973-D45AF4D1E4F5.jpeg
I use an old sunglasses/Eye Pro case. I must have half a dozen of these lying around. I throw a few bowls worth in an old tin, though I could probably stuff a ziploc bag with the tobacco in the case. Nothing fancy, but it works. I do 99.99% of my smoking at home, so I haven’t found the need to invest in something nicer.

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
Laugh at me all you like, but I actually use a bag like this for travelling. You can adjust the spacing and it fits mason jars as well as regular tins just fine and offers space for any other pipe accessories or pipes for that matter.

1618655166765.png

They are advertised as make-up travel bags/organizers on Amazon, but I keep telling myself they look like oversized laptop cases anyway and are extremely useful for when you are often out and about like me. ?puffy

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
My man purse is a Timbuk2 small messenger bag:

1618771216542.jpeg

I keep my out and about pipes (generally a pair of Al Pascia Curvy 01s or 03s in an Al Pascia Curvy bag:

1618771437374.png

1618771472648.png

It holds 2 pipes, a fair amount of tobacco, Kiribi Mikazuki lighter, and pipe tool nicely. I stick it in my messenger bag along with a Xikar cigar ash can that’s had a cork knocker attached to the inside of the top lid:

1618771713010.jpeg

The ash can fits perfectly in the interior mesh pocket, and the internal drink holder also perfectly holds a 18 ounce Iron Flask insulated steel bottle, which usually contains my coffee:

1618771968933.jpeg

For when coffee just isn’t enough or a toast is warranted, I also have this Stanley flask and stainless shot glass set in it:

1618772113732.jpeg

In the various inner pockets and whatnot, I’ve got a pack of pipe cleaners, several folded up paper towels, spare Kiribi flints, a Xikar butane refill, 2 Zippo fuel canisters, Zippo flints and wicks, and a Zippo, and a few of these mesh bags for organization’s sake:

1618772309532.jpeg

Usually, one of these mesh bags holds loose crap like cables and assorted odds and ends that I don’t want scattered all over the bottom of the bag, one holds some protein bars because I’m terrible about forgetting to eat before I go anywhere, and one bag holds up to 5 round 1 ounce tins of tobacco or a couple small/medium CVaults if I’m gonna be out for more than a day.

I also have my iPad Pro, Brydge keyboard, and Apple Pencil in it so I can write or draw/paint if inspiration strikes, and a 16000 mAh power bank in case I need to top off my phone or tablet.

The one thing I don’t have yet is a mini travel humidor for cigars. ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A real nice leather pipe case is wonderful to handle, but it might invite theft either because it is a nice piece of leather work, or because it looks like a pistol case which is the primo item of kleptomaniac appeal. I have a nice leather pipe case which I keep and use, but when in doubt, I use an inexpensive nylon shaving kit, so it looks like all a thief would get is my toothbrush and deodorant. Plenty of room for several pipes, a blend or two, pipe cleaners, pipe tool, and matches/lighter. Just consider this tactic when appropriate.

Adopteros

Lurker
May 26, 2021
I've also owned this exact same bag from Gyeon, but I've recently sold it and got another one. I liked it, though, and the quality was excellent for its price. It was also made from my favorite type of canvas. I agree that it is a bit expensive, but I think it's a reasonable price for all the space it offers. I just got a Borboleta bag from https://www.borboletabag.com/th/. They're new on the market, but my brother recommended the brand to me a lot, and I decided to try them out. Since they just lanced their products, the pricing is fantastic. I'm impressed by the quality as well since I expected worse.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Of course, if you have the money to spend 100s on a pipe bag, go for it. But most don't,. including me, so I betook myself to my friendly Wal-Mart camera department where I found suitable bags on the cheap, thumbing my nose at Neil Flancbaum.