PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I smoked a pipe everyday at work on my lunch break. I like to bring multiple blends and multiple pipes because I never know what mood I will be in when it comes time. I usually have three glass jars in a Dopp kit with accessories, two or three pipes in the manufacturers drawstring bags, and all of that in a small bag.

20210416_122030.jpg

I want to get something that is more organized and is "all in one" while still having multiple blends and pipes at the ready. I have seen another Dopp kit with zippable side flaps that have loops that could hold pipes. For tobacco I have seen these 1 oz plastic jars. It looks like it would hold 4 to 6 jars and 3 to 4 pipes along with accessories.

Opinions? Anything easier I'm missing? What do you use for vacation and EDC?

Obviously the easiest thing would be one pipe and one blend, but that's not what I'm going for.

20210416_122357.jpg20210416_122421.jpg20210416_122511.jpg

Attachments

• 20210416_122030.jpg
    20210416_122030.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 6

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I smoked a pipe everyday at work on my lunch break. I like to bring multiple blends and multiple pipes because I never know what mood I will be in when it comes time. I usually have three glass jars in a Dopp kit with accessories, two or three pipes in the manufacturers drawstring bags, and all of that in a small bag.

View attachment 75517

I want to get something that is more organized and is "all in one" while still having multiple blends and pipes at the ready. I have seen another Dopp kit with zippable side flaps that have loops that could hold pipes. For tobacco I have seen these 1 oz plastic jars. It looks like it would hold 4 to 6 jars and 3 to 4 pipes along with accessories.

Opinions? Anything easier I'm missing? What do you use for vacation and EDC?

Obviously the easiest thing would be one pipe and one blend, but that's not what I'm going for.

View attachment 75525View attachment 75526View attachment 75527
JC Man U bring a purse to work?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I have this nice leather men's toiletry bag that I found on amazon:

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

bag4.jpg

It works great, I can fit extra accessories, pipe cleaners,lighters, etc in the pockets plus 3 jars of tobacco and a couple of pipes in it.

For travel and blends I go through quickly I use these plastic baby food jars I found amazon:

jar1.jpg

jar2.jpg

They're much lighter and less breakable than glass. They can sometimes leak air if I don't get the lid on right so I don't use them for long term storage.

Pipes go in a sunglass case in individual microfiber draw string bags:

case1.jpg

pouch1.jpg

I can usually fit 2 pipes in there.

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I have this nice leather men's toiletry bag that I found on amazon:

View attachment 75533

View attachment 75534

View attachment 75535

It works great, I can fit extra accessories, pipe cleaners,lighters, etc in the pockets plus 3 jars of tobacco and a couple of pipes in it.

For travel and blends I go through quickly I use these plastic baby food jars I found amazon:

View attachment 75536

View attachment 75537

They're much lighter and less breakable than glass. They can sometimes leak air if I don't get the lid on right so I don't use them for long term storage.

Pipes go in a sunglass case in individual microfiber draw string bags:

View attachment 75538

View attachment 75539

I can usually fit 2 pipes in there.

Have you had any issues with static electricity and the plastic tubs for tobacco? I've had that problem with some Ziplocs I've used in the past. It really sucks with bits of ribbon.

Reactions: BROBS

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
View attachment 75541
This is what I use, and never has anyone accused me of carrying a purse. Guys who worry about that sort of thing probably HAVE to also carry tampons.

??

I'm old enough not to care what people think about it. I will admit though that there was a time that it would have bothered me when I was younger.

Do you carry your pipes in he side pockets? Do you have a link to where that can be purchased? I'd like to look at it some more.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Have you had any issues with static electricity and the plastic tubs for tobacco? I've had that problem with some Ziplocs I've used in the past. It really sucks with bits of ribbon.
A little bit when I get towards the end of the jar but it's much easier to deal with than with a ziploc bag. I can usually just wipe down the sides and bottom with my finger and pick up most of the dregs of the jar.

Reactions: fightnhampster
??

I'm old enough not to care what people think about it. I will admit though that there was a time that it would have bothered me when I was younger.

Do you carry your pipes in he side pockets? Do you have a link to where that can be purchased? I'd like to look at it some more.
I just did an amazon search to see if my specific bag would come up, but really, every camera bag that came up would make a great pipe bag. They usually come with two dividers making three compartments. I can carry three jars, or four tins in one section, and about twelve pipes, which is a one day rotation for me, and there is still plenty of room for my keys, cell phone, glasses, whatever I want to have on hand.

Back in college I carried a 100 cassette tape carry case that would also hold my Walkman and a couple of packs of cigarettes. I never had anyone accuse me of carrying a purse. The only thing I would hear is from someone who would say, "I don't want people to think I am carrying a purse," which usually expresses a weak masculinity in that person. If you are afraid that someone will think you're a girl if you do this or that, then most likely you are easily confused with a girl regardless. puffy

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I just did an amazon search to see if my specific bag would come up, but really, every camera bag that came up would make a great pipe bag. They usually come with two dividers making three compartments. I can carry three jars, or four tins in one section, and about twelve pipes, which is a one day rotation for me, and there is still plenty of room for my keys, cell phone, glasses, whatever I want to have on hand.

Back in college I carried a 100 cassette tape carry case that would also hold my Walkman and a couple of packs of cigarettes. I never had anyone accuse me of carrying a purse. The only thing I would hear is from someone who would say, "I don't want people to think I am carrying a purse," which usually expresses a weak masculinity in that person. If you are afraid that someone will think you're a girl if you do this or that, then most likely you are easily confused with a girl regardless. puffy

Perfect! Didnt know it was a camera bag. That does sound like it would be useful with all the dividers.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
O yea.. Its manly to go around with a damn pocketbook. Hahahaha

I'd have people kicking at my ass from every direction.. Including my own.

My wife, my son, and my grandmother would all be waiting for me when I walked up the driveway.. and I'm glad for that. Some people call it bullying some people see it as a societal correction.

O yea.. Its manly to go around with a damn pocketbook. Hahahaha

I'd have people kicking at my ass from every direction.. Including my own.

My wife, my son, and my grandmother would all be waiting for me when I walked up the driveway.. and I'm glad for that. Some people call it bullying some people see it as a societal correction.
Are you that easily mistaken for a woman?