PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I had all my pipes lined up on a shelf (which I had never seen before) for display. I was no longer going to hide my nicest pipes away in boxes or drawers. Then, clumsily, I drop this gorgeous Meer:

20221004_184508.jpg

It was in the case still, but despite that, managed to break off the stem at the shank. It breaks into a thousand pieces. My beautiful 100+ year old ruined. The shank had snapped off the bowl, and crumbled like eggshell.

My first thought is that the person who gifted it to me will have to kill me now. My second thought, is that maybe I could get a replacement piece made, and re-use the bowl. My third thought is, and this is the worst part, I never even got to enjoy the pipe! I've been waiting until my technique improves and I can get more flavors out of tobacco.

Then I woke up.

Not for a long time have I woken from a dream and felt such relief.

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
I had all my pipes lined up on a shelf (which I had never seen before) for display. I was no longer going to hide my nicest pipes away in boxes or drawers. Then, clumsily, I drop this gorgeous Meer:

View attachment 288917

It was in the case still, but despite that, managed to break off the stem at the shank. It breaks into a thousand pieces. My beautiful 100+ year old ruined. The shank had snapped off the bowl, and crumbled like eggshell.

My first thought is that the person who gifted it to me will have to kill me now. My second thought, is that maybe I could get a replacement piece made, and re-use the bowl. My third thought is, and this is the worst part, I never even got to enjoy the pipe! I've been waiting until my technique improves and I can get more flavors out of tobacco.

Then I woke up.

Not for a long time have I woken from a dream and felt such relief.
That’s a beautiful meer