PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hemingway, who liked his six-toed cats a lot and kept many of them at his place in Cuba,

said, "One cat leads to another." Same could be said of pipes.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I have three now, and after today, two. The Tubos is heading to a dealer. I jut acquired a Manz, and I smoke a roush daily. I got by with just the Roush, five smokes a day everyday for a month and a half. Never turned sour or smoked bad. That said, I mainly smoke Va so maybe that had something to do with it. How many do you need, in reality one, in our world as many as you can afford.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I won't buys pipe unless I intend to smoke it. Which is why I will never own a $100+ pipe because I'd be afraid of marring it in any way. That said I have 7 pipes with only two of those being dedicated to a specific type.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
I just cut down my collection from 120+ down to about 50-60, putting my favorites and those that have sentimental value on display, the rest went in a couple of boxes. Now I just have to get rid of the boxes, but I think I lack motivation!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
When it comes to pipes I’m just a user so about a dozen is all I care to own, when I feel the need to accumulate I scratch that itch with ammo
I USED to second that Petergunn, until all the .223 went bye-bye. Just glad I always buy it when it goes on sale so I now have it during this drought.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Hey Lumberjack,
If you are selling any, please PM me, you know, when the motivation hits you :lol:

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
I have close to 50 pipes, I buy them so I can smoke them and also collect and admire the different styles and finishes each one has. Though 50 are more than I need, I separate sets of them for different occasions. I have my daily rotations, then the ones I take with me to local bars, others for the cigar shop, smoke for hunting, others for when I travel. For me this makes it more interesting in collecting pipes and having them serve a different purpose than just rotating them at home and forgetting about some for awhile. I even have a set that stays at my girlfriend's house along with 2 jars of tobacco just in case.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Well banjo - re "Well I do have more pipes than I have bamboo fly rods but barely!", when I jumped (with both feet) back into pipstering several years ago, I thought I had done such a good job keeping (just) under 200 fly rods that once I passed the optimum 42 pipes (3 bowls/day x 2 week rest), I would keep the amassing of pipes to the same limit. I don't quite know how it happened, but now I have enough pipes for almost each day of the year (including leap years). And what's happened, after the last 2 flyfishing shows, I am now questioning why I even set a limit of 200 on the rod count. It's ridiculous what one does to oneself. (this last can be taken a couple of different ways).
hp and tl

les

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
Just glad I always buy it when it goes on sale so I now have it during this drought.
yeah things look bleak for buying ammo now but I've got a bit put away ;) ammo,I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. I got a few pounds of tobacco squirreled away also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.