PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I think this is correct. One of the main issues of new pipesmokers is keeping a pipe lit, and that implies reducing relights. I am a brand new pipesmoker, and I have to relight 20-25 times in the course of 30 minutes. I<< Snipped bits out >>
A relight almost every minute! I'd try drying that same tobacco much, much more.

Good luck!

SpyHill

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2022
Victoria, BC
A relight almost every minute! I'd try drying that same tobacco much, much more.

Good luck!
Yep, ive tried Balkan Supreme, Father dempsey, and tonight I'll try Quiet Nights. Tried 2 hours for dempsey, 12 hours for balkan, and now I'll try 24 hrs for quiet nights. Curious, do you have an opinion on Grabow stingers? It's a small bowl and I'm just trying everything. I'd like to pull out the stinger. You can see my other post to see pictures (my introduction thread)

Reactions: yanoJL and jpmcwjr

SpyHill

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2022
Victoria, BC
In my house, not sure. I would guess low. I'm in Victoria, BC, not particularly humid climate. Right now it's about 50%.

I think I will remove it. I don't see what purpose it's serving, and the consensus on a previous thread on this site was to remove them.