PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
You and I are friends now
Ha! I was waiting for you to post those pictures!
My Eltang came today
That's a beauty. I'll bet it feels nice in the hand. The pictures of his pipes don't do that justice. I'm amazed at how light in the hand they are and when you closely examine the pipe, you begin to notice many small details that show off how much thought and care goes into his carving.

I have a set of bamboo shanked pokers, and love them. The way they sit, the fitting of the bamboo, the minimalist design, the way the pipes flow, little notches in the stem that are set to match the patterning of the bamboo, and on and on. I never get tired of looking at his pipes. He clearly puts a lot of thought into how he wants them to look.

I'm definitely a fan. You picked a nice one for sure! I hope you enjoy many years with it.

Aug 1, 2012

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My Eltang came today. Appearance and fit and finish are outstanding. This is not a shape(Rhodesian) or size(just over 5 1/8 ") that normally appeals to me but the pipe spoke to me when I saw the photo. I'm in love right now. Of course the proof will be in how she smokes after a good slow break in.
View attachment 59099

View attachment 59100

View attachment 59101
View attachment 59102

View attachment 59103
Now see, that's a good looking pipe. None of that hacked up looking rustication.?

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
What a lovely variant on a pencil-shank apple essentially. Lovely
The best thing about Tom is that he simultaneously takes his craft very seriously, without taking his designs or himself too seriously. I love that he used "Saturn" as grade for many years, and then literally made Saturn pipes, complete with briar "rings" and moons in orbit (made from Ivory, steel, and brass). It's just too cool!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
My Eltang came today. Appearance and fit and finish are outstanding. This is not a shape(Rhodesian) or size(just over 5 1/8 ") that normally appeals to me but the pipe spoke to me when I saw the photo. I'm in love right now. Of course the proof will be in how she smokes after a good slow break in.
View attachment 59099

View attachment 59100

View attachment 59101
View attachment 59102

View attachment 59103
I Love that pipe! Congratulations and here's to many great smokes!
What will you break her in with?.....................

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
It's been a bit hectic here, so you beat me to the punch. Otherwise I'd have dug deep in the archives. Here's another oldie, but goodie for good measure

View attachment 59126

Elon Musk should have that Saturn Pipe sitting on his desk at SpaceX. :LOL:

SPC should get a Space Designed Pipe to commemorate
when they send people to Mars, which is suppose to be in 5 years. ? ?

Maybe they’ll have a Pipe smoker as crew, first pipe smoker on Mars! ?‍?

Last edited:
Reactions: shaneireland